cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 system has been upgraded...need to change XI system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We had an R/3 system with the version 640. The systems ids are R3D, R3Q and R3P. Now the R/3 system has been upgraded to ECC6 and there is no more 640 version.the new version is 700. The new system ids are RDU, RQU & RPU. I have been asked to do the changes in XI landscape according to the changes mentioned above. In this case how can I proceed further. Do I need to create new Technical systems with SIDs RDU, RQU & RPU. Is it possibel to do that? are there any dependencies in this case

Please do give me the clear idea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

As your system is upgraded, you will be with new system, you will need to carry above changes.

Do i need to create new Technical systems... -> Yes you will have to create new technical systems SIDs RDU, RQU & RPU.

Also check for a check list ,may help you

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001930932005

Vishal

( * Reward points for useful info *)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi radhika,

as u have new systems in ur landscape namely RDU, RQU & RPU, u certainly need to create new entries in SLD becoz the system tech details, addresses, host names etc mst have been changed. so start from SLD and then modify IR (if u have connectivity to r/3 for idoc metadata etc) and ID so that ur msg gets routed to the correct system.

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

my new system ids do not present in XI. They are R/3 SIDs. Could you please tell me how can i import the SIDs from R/3 to XI. As far as my knowledge we cannot create technical systems until unless SIDs are present in XI.

Correct me If Iam wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep...you need to ::((