cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i modify the MDN message ?? or Any option to add fields in response Msg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Iam doing a scenario EDI-->Idoc for purchase order(ORDERS) by using AS2 adapter.

We are expected to send the technical acknowledgment once we receive the Orders from sender.

I think When we use the MDN (Message delivery notification),

it wil send the standard format like Sender,reciver,date, time.. etc.

But my requirement is to send the ackowledgement with few more details like <b>POnumber</b> along with the standard details like Sender,reciver,date, time.. etc.

1. Can we acheive it by using MDN ? is there any option where i can modify the MDN acknowledgement file by adding few more fields??

2. If not please suggest me how i can proceed with this.

Thank You.

Regards

Seema.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No chance.

MDN is system generated one.

We can't modify the structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seema,

Hi,

The purpose of the MDN is to acknowledge the receipt of a payload message. An MDN contains machine-readable information on the delivery state of the payload message. E.g., it contains the message digest (MIC) of the payload message as calculated by the recipient. An MDN is optionally signed then the recipient can authenticate the sender of the MDN and check its integrity. A validly signed MDN combined with a valid MIC, reported by the MDN, can be used by the payload message sender to claim “non-repudiation of receipt” (NRR) of the payload Message.

If the MDNs are processed in the XI system, this flag must be set to “Refer to XI System”. The adapter will then create an acknowledgment report message containing some information on the acknowledged document.Important: In case “Refer to XI System” is selected, a sender channel with message protocol ‘Reports’ and a sender agreement for the generated acknowledgment report messages (refer to the paragraph “Sender Message Channel (Inbound Processing)”) have to be configured. In case of asynchronous MDN mode, an Report channel and Sender agreement always have to be configured also when “Refer to XI system” is disabled!

[reward points for useful info]

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for your reply.

But it didnt answer my question on any way

I know the concept of MDN.But here my problem is we want to send some sort of technical acknowldgement from XI to the sending system once we receive the ORDERS.

The file should be with few details like below.

<b>- <DETAILS>

<ORDER_NUM>97589</ORDER_NUM>

<ORDER_DATE>2007-11-19T00:00:00</ORDER_DATE>

<SUPPLIER_CONTACT />

<STATUS>Received</STATUS>

<SPECIAL_INSTRUCTIONS>Sales Order has been created :0002517404</SPECIAL_INSTRUCTIONS>

</DETAILS></b>

i want to know can we achieve it by modifying the MDN file which goes automatically.

or is there any other option where we can achieve it??

Note: We should not use by creating one more msgtype in SAP and send back the acknowledgement like Orders response(ORDRSP).

They just want the file from XI itself.(But not from SAP Side).

Thank You

Seema.