cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we schedule the receiver communication channel ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all ,

I have a scenario of IDOC -> XI -> flat file

The requirement is the receiver file channel should start after every 10 min

and all the files which are coverted from idocs will then go to the destination folder

Is it possible to schedule receiver channel to start every 10 min

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think "Availability times" would be a good option. Have a look here

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

It seems your requirement is related to collecting of IDOC(IDOC bundling).If your requirement is general file adapter communication channel scheduling the below is the few proposed ideas.

Actually there is several ways to schedule the communication channel,in your case the file adapter is at receiver end.

1)You can schedule the communication channel from RWB.i.e when ever you want you can stop the channel and start automatically by configuration in RWB.

2) Do the adapter module configuration(Logic to start the polling)

3) Through BPM.

i think in your case 1 option looks meaningful to your requirement.

Thanks,

Aravind

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

most easy solution would be, to create a IDoc-to-File scenario with "normal" receiver adapter and a second scenario File-to-File (just transfer, no conversion or mapping), where the sender adapter polls each 10 minutes.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you can use BPM for this..So you can collect all the File and and send it to receiver after 10 mints interval.

Like collect the files and put the Wait Step=10min after then create a loop and within that put the send Step to send the files.

So after every 10 min you can send the bundles of File.

But Solution provided by Sunil...seems good as it has no BPM and does not effect on the performance.

Thanks

farooq.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

>>>But Solution provided by Sunil

Sunil asked for a solution..

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

opps...

Sunil..solution provided by Udo is compatible..rather then using BPM:-)

Regards

Farooq.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of using XI for the sceond scenatio as Udo specified, better write a small application which moves files from the Xi dest to the actuall dest. Using Xi is costly and dummy F2F scenarios would add load on XI..

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Go through this blog you will find two links of PDf docs in SDN for scheduling file adapters..

/people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2006/01/04/scheduling-messages-in-sap-xi

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

I will not say schedule , but definitely you can activate and deactivate the communication channel in RWB..I hope it will save ur purpose..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

use ABAP proxy and call that proxy in a program and schedule it in SE37.

Also see the below links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/dc/6b7fe543d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Vishal

[ Please reward points for useful Reply]

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sunil,

u can schedule the rec file adapter by writing a module that allows ur adapter to "wait" for 10 mins before posting on target directory.

regards,

latika.