cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Error with a WD calling a RFM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have a WebDynPro application calling an R/3 RFM. I did it using "Import Adaptive RFC Model" wizard. I have put in the code for calling the RFM on some Action that I have defined. But, when I deploy and run the application, it fails with Error 500 and details are as under.

Root Cause

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to load client to connect to SLD. Please check your SLD connection settings using the Visual Admin.

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory$1.run(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:654)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.getClient(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:647)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.resolveConnectionParameter(JCOClientConnection.java:460)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sl.AbstractJCOClientConnection.init(AbstractJCOClientConnection.java:247)

... 47 more

Correction Hints

Accessing the System Landsape Directory (SLD) failed. Depending on the concrete reason (see root cause) check the following:

is the SLD Supplier in the J2EE engine configured correctly? See the SLD documentation for more details about the SLD and about how to configure it.

are all JCO destinations maintained correctly? Use the preinstalled Web Dynpro Content Admin application to check/edit the destination. Use the Ping and Test functions of the Content Admin to verify that each destination is properly configured.

Detailed Error Information

Detailed Exception Chain

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Error while obtaining JCO connection.

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.datatypes.core.DataTypeBroker$1.fillSldConnection(DataTypeBroker.java:90)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.internalResolveLogicalNameToJCODestination(ProviderFactory.java:408)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.resolveLogicalNameToJCODestination(ProviderFactory.java:354)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.internalGetProvider(ProviderFactory.java:215)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.getProvider(ProviderFactory.java:180)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getProvider(DdDictionaryPool.java:87)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getDictionary(DdDictionaryPool.java:73)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getDictionary(DdDictionaryPool.java:48)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdBroker.getDataType(DdBroker.java:149)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdBroker.getSimpleType(DdBroker.java:170)

Is there any setting that I am missing in SLD? or, what could be the problem?

Thanks for your time,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

did you check your R/3 client system when you created Modeldata & Metadata.are you able to create your model of your RFC type?

Rdgs,

guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I did. I was able to successfully search for the RFM in the wizard "Import adaptive RFC model". The NDS created Java proxies successfully after that.

The build works fine too, the error occurs when I ran the application after deployment.

Thanks,

Kiran

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I trust that you did the required configuration in the SLD and create technical systems, you have also create JCO connections for your webdynpro application. Right?

Regards,

RIch Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

You need to configure your SLD and then your JCO connections.

I guess you have not specified your SLD settings in Visual administrator under SLD Data supplier service.

Check following links for the same.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavik,

Thanks a lot for those two links. I really appreciate it. The first link explains about SLD connections for "WebDynPro accessing ABAP functions" (For this, he changes the "CIM Client Generation Settings").

But my WebDynPro is calling RFM using Adaptive RFC Model. So, should I choose Visual Admin->services->SLD Data Supplier-> RFC Settings tab???

If yes, what do I fill-in for the two values 1. GatewayHost 2. Gateway service/port ???

Thanks again,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavik,

It worked. Atleast I am able to test the JCo connections on the "Content Admin" of WebDynPro. I have also added R/3 system to the "Technical Lanscape" of the SLD.

But, my WebDynPro application (which is similar to the one described in tutorials, "Flights..") is able to work without any errors, but doesn't bring out any data.

I have read somewhere that there should be some setting to be done on R/3 side to let the WebAS call RFM of R/3. Is its true, what is it?

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

For calling RFM no need to specify anything in RFC settings. only need to specify parameters in CIM client settings.

Have checked that this RFC returns data in SAP R/3 side?

If yes, then check whether you have invalidated all output nodes after calling your model?

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Have you resolved your problem?

If yes then please close this thread. Otherwise give me updates so i can help you further.

Regards,

Bhavik

Answers (0)