cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the BICMD file from SDA file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When we want to deploy the seeburger mappings from the Mapping Designer, we will generate the SDA file from BICMD file.

Is there any way, to regenerate the BICMD file from the SDA file?

Please help.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Certain options :

1)

Mappings that are generated from BIC MD is used to create XML/EDI Files corresponding to the mapping that u r going to used.U can also modify standard mappings by making a new project in BIC MD.After this,this BIC MD creates SDA files which u have to deploy on the SAP XI server using SDM.Then u can these mappings in ur XI system.

2)

on Seeburger installation CD you can find in Release_SeeXI_1.._(SAPXI_3.0_SP..\SAP\CD-<yuor solution>\data\AdapterBIC\deploy a file called Mappings_sys.sda. This is library with Seeburger standard Mappings delivered with adapters. You need to deploy this file (Mappings_sys.sda) with SDM and then you can use those mappings in XI. Names of the contained mappings you can find in Release_SeeXI_1.._(SAPXI_3.0_SP..\SAP\CD-<your solution>\data\ SAPXI_ContentGuide_<your solution>_en.pdf. For test purpose you can use this project but if you need some additional mappings you have to install BIC MD, create your new mappings and generate new sda file (Mappings_user.sda). At any time it’s allowed to use only 1 Mappings_user.sda and 1 Mappings_sys.sda. So every new deployed Mappings_user.sda overwrites previous one. Mappings_sys.sda is deployed only by the initial installation.

[Kindly reward points for useful reply]

Vishal

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Vishal,

Firstly thanks for the intent to help me.

I understand whatever you have explained. But Let me tell you what my problem is.

The XI system is already in live and is working fine. The mappings were generated in bic md and are deployed. But now, i have to include another mapping, which is not there in the currently deployed sda.

So, I want to add it to the already existing maps. for that, we need the *.bicmd file that was used to generate the deployed SDA file, so that I can ADD my new mapping in the mapping designer and regenerate the SDA file again.

Hope I am clear.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

did my reply helped you