cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IChart - Axis (X,Y) Labels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have question concerning x-axis labeling. I am currently doing a project that assigns dates to the x-axis for each data point on the trend. The problem is that if there are alot of points, which there very well could be, you basically have to increase the row depth to have legible (non-overlapping) x-axis labels. The row depth can only be 1, in this case.

My question is, can you make the x-axis labels (dates in this case) vertical vs. horizontal? What about some sort of auto resize on the chart to allow for horizontal scrolling?

Another question is, and I'm not even sure this is possible, are there 3rd party trend charts out there that can interface with xMII?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No options for vertical text.

Enable Mouse Tracking on the chart and map your date column as the first Datalink field. This way when the user hovers over a data point (good to have the markers enabled like push pins) the datetime string will show up inside [xxx] in the top left corner. This way you don't have to worry about label depth.

The chart will always give you a first and last label so if you bump up the XAxis ticks per label you will at least have them at the outer extremes and the mouse tracking when hovering over data points will give you access to any date label the user wants to see.

Regards,

Jeremy