cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug Shopping cart screen in SRM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRM Programmers,

How to debug Shopping cart screen in SRM 5.0?

Please help! Point will be rewarded for the helpful answers.

Thanks!

MP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disha,

Thank you for your helpful answer.

I will try this option.

Thanks!

MP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to first enable the ITS Debugger.

Please look at this notes:

Note 451292 - How to use ITS debugger

Note 97301 - ITS Debugger and HTTP Proxies

Inside the SE19 Transaction for BADI Implementation - go to your method and instead of putting a normal breakpoint (by selecting a line and clcicking on Break-point button in thaApplication toobar, which is for Session break-points)

Click on the menu bar in the Utilities -> settings -> Debugging tab -> Enable the External Debugging (this can be done by User name or IP Address of your computer)

----

How to activate ITS debugging.

This may be something that's only available with the Integrated ITS with the 6.40 WAS. To activate debugging for a particular service, do the following:

• Find the name of the ITS service. This will usually be shown in the error message that's thrown (part of the displayed URL), and for EBP, the service names all start with "bbp".

• Login to the ABAP system and execute transaction SICF.

• Navigate to the service. For EBP, all the ITS services are under the following path: default_host -> sap -> bc -> gui -> sap -> its.

• Double-click on the service and click on the pencil to change from display -> change mode.

• Click on "Settings".

• Add parameter ~GENERATEDYNPRO and set the value to 1. You can add this same parameter to older versions of the ITS by editing the properties file (or whatever it's called).

That should activate debugging for that specific service. It may change the way certain things are displayed when you are executing the service in the portal. I've already done this for service bbpsc02 which is the shopping cart service.

Now you have to activate external debugging in the ABAP system by doing the following:

• Execute transaction SE38.

• Choose Utilities -> Settings

• Click on the "Debugging" tab.

• Check the checkbox "Actv." to activate external debugging for your userid (or whatever userid you're using with SRM). You can also choose the Classic Debugger or New Debugger -- I've only used it with the Classic Debugger.

• Now you can go into an ABAP program and set an external breakpoint. It appears that if you just click on the "Stop" icon in the toolbar to set a breakpoint, it does NOT set an external breakpoint. Use the menu Utilities -> Breakpoint -> Set/Delete and it should prompt you if you want an external breakpoint (choose HTTP). Verify that the message in the status bar says that an EXTERNAL breakpoint was set. I also had to select "classic" debugger.

BR,

Disha.

<b>Pls reward points for useful answers.</b>