cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting duplicate Non-qualifers when updating multiple records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the situation:

Say I select 10 records from my main table. Each record has a qualified field for PRICE. The non-qualifier is a customer number. The qualifier is the price for this Customer. Each of the 10 selected records has a DIFFERENT non-qualifier: Cust A, Cust B, Cust C, etc. I want to add a new Cust and price to all 10, as Customer NEW $200.00. I do that and when I "OK" the dialog box that says I'm about to update multiple records, the result is this:

Each of the 10 previously selected records now contains ALL of the non-qualifiers.

Example:

Record 1 PRICE field before modify:

Cust A $100.00

Record 1 PRICE field after modify:

Cust A $100.00

Cust B $101.00

Cust C $103.00

Cust D $104.00

Cust E $105.00

Cust F $106.00

Cust G $107.00

Cust H $108.00

Cust I $109.00

Cust J $110.00

Cust NEW $200.00

What I expected Record 1 to look like after modify:

Cust A $100.00

Cust NEW $200.00

I know why this happened, what I'm looking for is a way to make it NOT happen.

Any thoughts?

Michael Jakeway

Whirlpool Corporation

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael ,

Do one thing go to import manager and apply set conversion filter as (+200) in the "Price" field ,and import as usual.so u get the modified value in the data manger .

Or If u have already imported then in data manager go to Assignment tab in Record mode and there for "Price" field write expression as

<i>Price = Price +200.</i>

This will solve ur purpose.

Plz reward points if u find this helpful.

Regards,

Neethu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Qualified lookup fields pose an additional challenge as it relates to multi-valued destination fields. Specifically, with qualified lookup fields (which are always multi-valued), each of the multiple values is not just a single data value, but rather an entire sub-record consisting of a set of values for both the display fields and the qualifiers of the qualified table record.

Moerover you can visit:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/4b907d78866026e10000000a422035/frameset.htm">This URL</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

There's really no way around it when manually adding the data. I think I saw somewhere that they were going to try and improve this functionality in upcoming releases. The best way to get around it is to either do it manually one at a time if it's only for a few records, or through the Import Manager if you don't want to do it manually or have many records to update.

Also, be careful on what options you select when doing it through the import manager. Depending on your scenario you may want to replace or append to existing values.

Regards,

Tim