Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC_TO_FILE with Acknowledgement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am working on the scenario like

RFC to File Asynchronus. After creating the file i need the acknowledgemnt back to RFC .

Please suggest some solution

Thanks in advance .

Regards,

Mouli.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot do this synchronously.

The only way i know is to execute an operating system command, which should create another file (by a copy command of a file having one word Success ). Then create another scenario to poll for a file the one which is created in the operating system command of previous message, then send it back to RFC, gruesome workaround but it works when you really need it.

regards

SKM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SKM,

You can do this synchronously using S/A bride and

HTTP response. The weblog deals with the similar kind of scenario.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

I understand that you can do it BPM or without BPM. The only way to get a response kicked off on the file adapter is to use the Operating system command.

You can do it in one scenario (with BPM) or two scenarios does not matter. I tried to explain how it can be kicked off without using the <b>Logmon Tool</b> what that blog says.

regards

SKM

Former Member
0 Kudos

that's right...you need a OS command to trigger the response...

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mouli,

Since file system is asynchronous in nature there is no direct way to get an acknowldgement from file system. Hence you need to construct your own acknowldgement message and map it to RFC response structure. Also there is no direct way to know wheather file is successfully written or not as the file adapter will give only transport acknowldgement.

Refer this weblog for more information...

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/01/11/demonstrating-use-of-synchronous-asynchronous-bridge-to-integrate-synchronous-and-asynchronous-systems-using-ccbpm-in-sap-xi

Hope this helps...

Regards

Anand

Message was edited by: Anand Torgal