cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Save Password checkbox on Data Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there a way to disable the <b>Save Password</b> checkbox that appears on the dialog box when trying to open the Data manager? I don't want the users to be able to save the password. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

Suman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I can understand why you would want to do this. The other answer, in my opinion, wasn't very helpful or on-point. There isn't any capability to do this now, but it would be very easy for us to add it to the software, so please submit a feature request (I guess as an OSS message?) so we can put it on the development list.

Thanks!

-Cleopatra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cleopatra,

Thanks for the confirmation. I already opened an OSS message and the support team confirmed that this would be a feature request. They asked me to send a development request to SAP. Can you please tell me how to send development request to SAP? We need this feature badly.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally feature requests are submitted via your SAP contact (e.g. sales rep). I'm trying to find out if I can give you a more precise answer than that, but so far that's all I've heard. I'll let you know if I get a better answer than that!

Regards,

Cleopatra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman

When the <b>Connect to MDM Repository</b> dialog appears and you choose the desired MDM repository from the drop-down list, choose a language, and enter your user name and password.The user name and password are the same that are defined using the MDM Console and that are provided because the user group must have all necessary rights for updating records and performing workflow activities, such as “creation” and “process”.

So once the User (along with password,naturally) is assigned @ Console level it's of no significance to disable the option @ Data manager.

For further information you can click

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/57/f95b8ec7c048779d6d1ca2c644d1d2/frameset.htm">This URL</a>

regards,

krutarth