cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One sender - two receivers - same Message-ID?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don´t know if it is possible to send a message (which is, as you know identified by its Message-ID) to two receivers where at least one receiver has to keep the Message-ID of the xi-incoming message. This is necessary because it has to be used as part of the receiver-filename.

We work with triggerfiles, which identify in which sequence the Messages have to be processed at the receiver system. If you use more than one interface determination, for each receiver an new Message-ID is generated. This is what I want to prevent.

Does anyone know if this is possible using a business process. (XI3.0 SP17)

If yes, what is it to look like? I´m thinking about one receiver and two senders (in bp-design) :).

Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

so you wan't to generate two messages with same Message ID?

or if your requirement is something else ,please explain that

Thanx

Aamir

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if that is possible. Why dont you look at having yor own identifier for the messages in the payload it self? Most of the application systems thesedays are capable of generating GUID's.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

I just want to save the Message-ID to at least one of two receipient of that message. "to save" means that the Message-ID at the beginning of message processing is equal till the XI sends the message to the receiver.

Maybe you got an idea?

Thanks you

best regards

Thomas

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

It's not possible. Message-ID generated by default, you cna't control them. Also All the message ID's are unique, no way you can have same message ID's, if I'm not wrong.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

I think your doubts are reasonable, as this doesn´t fit the "Exactly once"-idea of messages. As soon as the bpe picks up the Message, you got no chance to save the original Message-ID. I just designed a little process to give it a try, but it didn´t work (i. e. the two new Message-IDs appeared for the BP-outgoing messages).

Why I want to use it? This would be an addon for a more or less complex Szenario, which we cannot change without a redesign of the hole szenario ...

I think we´ll have to let the application server generate the Message twice with different receiver agreements. Sounds ugly.

Thank you for confirmation.

Best regards

Thomas

Best regards

Thomas