Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guys

i am currently working for an organisation that have CUA implemented.

1. in PROD CUA there are 2 child systems linked there is ecc6 prod & bi prod

2. They were having problems using catt scripts to creat users this is out of the window so please no reples regarding ecatts THANKS

3. we have 1300 new users that will go into ecc6 Production

4. we have a program that creates users for us, but it will only work in a system if It is not connected to the CUA.

iS THERE A WAY WE CAN REMOVE THE CHILD PROD SYS from CUA PROD and Create the users and assign the roles & reconnect without any complications?

i believe you can execute se38- program RSDELCUA in CUA PROD ( just removes child from cua not the rfc connections etc) then create users through program in Child & assisgn roles and then reconnect in CUA PROD through SCUA, > then SCUG >SCUL. Please advise

Thanks

JB

<b><email_removed_by_moderator></b> => Welcome to SDN, and please read the (short) rules of engagement (sticky thread above).

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

There is certainly no problem deleting the CUA, creating the users and then connecting via SCUA and reading them back into the CUA master.

It's strange that ecatts/SCAT aren't working as I've had this running OK in ECC6.

What sort of problems are you having as there may be a simple workaround that someone has come across

edited for accuracy

0 Kudos

Hi Alex

You see i have recently joined this organisation and i beieve they were having problems with ecats in ECC6 for user creation etc If you can provide me a link on how to create them for users & role assignment that would be greatful for the future steps as currently we will choose the 1st option. I am sure i will od the same but for 13,000 users not 1300

Cheers

JB

0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

The instructions here are pretty straightforward:

http://www.sapsecurityonline.com/tutorials/secatt_user_create.html

If you are assigning lots of roles to a user then consider using SU10 and doing 1 assignment at a time. As SU10 will append the role, it gets over SECATT's inability to scroll properly.

0 Kudos

If you have access to SAP Customer Call https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/nw-cc there's a great Web-ex demo that walks you through eCATT. very east to follow

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can remove the child system in CUA without any errors. And then you need to create the user, assign roles to them, and connect the CUA using SCUA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your plan seems to be doable.

If your user ID creation program cannot overcome CUA, for the time being you definitely can break CUA and then just run SCUG.

If I were on your shoes, just do a couple of users and see how it behaves.

Good Luck and post if you get stuck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

please refer to sappoint.com

sapsecurityonline.com

securitysolutions.com