cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM - Safety days' supply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am doing CTM run with backward scheduling strategy. In the CTM profile, I have checked "Consider Safety Days' Supply" and defined the value of safety days supply in the location product master. After CTM run, as per the expectation, the PReq (purchase requisition) should be created earlier of the DepDmd (Dependent Demand) by the safety days supply. i.e. if safety days supply is 3 days and DepDmd is on 12th Dec then PReq should be created for 9th Dec. However, the safety days's supply is being ignored and the PReq is being generated for 12th Dec only. Can anybody help me? Its very urgent.

Thanks in advance

Ehsan Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By default the key figure SVTETY (safety days' of supply) is not setup in IMG settings for CTM under "Make SNP Key Figures Available". You need to add that entry there to enable plain safety days' of supply. You are correct in assuming that it will be taken as safety buffer time.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, Srinivas. Your solution has solved my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am doing CTM run with backward scheduling strategy. I am in the midst of a confusion regarding Safety Days' Supply. I was in the assumption that it considers Calendar days for safety days supply calculation. The F1 help also talks about calendar days. However, in my CTM run, I am finding that for some products it is using Working days for safety days calculation with the result that my receipts are happening 1 or 2 days earlier, assuming Sunday is being considered a holiday. Is safety days calculation dependent on working days of some calendar ? Can anybody help me? Its urgent.

Thanks in advance

Ehsan Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ehsan,

I'm with the same problem... if you have the solution, please post here. If I find something I'll do the same.

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo