cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem facing with Custom Action block

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I am trying to create a custom action block using one of the article posted by Tim, But I am using eclipse to do this. I am facing some problems during compilation. basically the problem is with the classpath to reference the ActionReflectionBase class. Though Tim has clearly mentioned the location.

Still facing some issues.Can any one help me out..

Thanks

Supriya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem is solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use Eclipse to edit (and hate it), however I use Ant to build everything. To compile the code, you need the Lighthammer classes in ServletExec AS\se-xMII\webapps\default\Lighthammer\WEB-INF\classes and ServletExec AS\se-xMII\webapps\default\Lighthammer\WEB-INF\lib\LHCommon.jar. I make the build a little more portable, I jarred the WEB-INF\classes folder into a jar named LighthammerClasses.jar so that I only need that jar and the LHCommon.jar to build.

I can't post the Ant script because its an all-purpose script I use to build a lot more than just this so it's pretty large (about 20 files).

-tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

IntelliJ rules. Check it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please what is Custom Action development jar here. Is it the jar file which we create your are talking about. If so we are able to compile the programs only. Can you please elaborate on this.

Thanks

Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Supriya,

The default compiler in eclipse will refer to the classes that are put into the Java Build path of the project and not the system classpath.To add the required classes or jar's in the Java Build path in eclipse follow the following steps

1. In the Project Menu of the eclipse, select properties.

2. In the Java Build Path link, select Add External Jar's

3. Select the Lighthammer.jar (which should be somewhere on your machine) and Click Ok.

Lighthammer.jar file contains all the required classes like ActionReflectionBase ant other claases for the compilation of your custom Action.

Hope this helps

Regards

Rupesh Bajaj

0 Kudos

Venkata,

Make sure that the Custom Action Development JAR is in the Build Path for your project.

Sam