cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding the BAPI calls without input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are developing on webdynpro component. I came across a scenario where we call the BAPI through Adaptive BAPI model. This bapi doesnt take any input parameters but returns 7 tables with data.

So, My problem here is i am not getting output in the 7 tables. i am sending a dummy input and executing on the input elements modelobject.

Could anyone ddid this scenario.. ie., calling/executing teh BAPI call which doesnt have any input s but expects output.

Here is what i have

<i><b>Z_Sales_Order_Header_Input bapiSalesOrderHeader=new Z_Sales_Order_Header_Input();

wdContext.nodeZ_Sales_Order_Header_Input().bind(bapiSalesOrderHeader);

wdContext.currentZ_Sales_Order_Header_InputElement().modelObject().execute();

int ilSalesOrderTypeSize=0;

ilSalesOrderTypeSize=wdContext.nodeZ_Sales_Order_Header_Output().nodeSalesordertype().size();</b></i>

Thanks & Regards,

Raghavendra Pothula

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra Pothula,

Invalidate all nodes under output node and also output node after caling your RFC model.

You can see results only after invalidating all these nodes.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

If I read you correctly, you are printing the size of the root output node (Z_Sales_Order_Header_Output) and not that of the output node inside your 'Z_Sales_Order_Header_Input' node. When you execute the RFC, the output node inside the 'Z_Sales_Order_Header_Input' node gets populated. so try printing the size of the 'Salesordertype' node inside the 'Z_Sales_Order_Header_Input' node.

-Z_Sales_Order_Header_Input

---output (this is the default name)

---Salesordertype

Infact there is no need to create the 'Z_Sales_Order_Header_Output' node itself in the controller or view.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Nibu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

Calling Bapi without any input is always possible.

1.You first check your context - model nodes.

2.are you using custom controller or component controller to execute bapi.

check the context of either custom controller or component controller is mapped with the ui table properly.

elaborate your question I'll try to answer it with sample code.

Regards,

Karthick