Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

questions in mappings

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please answer me the following questions

1. Source message occurs 3 times, target only once what is wrong?

2. In simple mapping – one source results in 4 identical target messages, with regarding cardinality what is the problem?

3. What is multi-mapping? Where is it used? What are the advantages?

4. What is the 2 visibility of container elements?

5. Define RB_SPLIT and RB_CLASSIC, condtional Interface Determination??

thanks

Gabriel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

1) mapping is many to one.

2)you have four receivers., with may be four conditions

3)/people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi

/people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure

4) write

5)

rwd points for useful reply

Vishal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. This is the case of n:1 transformation of mapping. It Bundles multiple messages into one message , for example indivdual PO items into one PO.

2.This is again not a proble. This is based on you requirement. It is a case of 1:n transformation.Like Splits a message into multiple messages, for example , a PO into the individual PO Items.

3. what is multi-mapping ? it shud be the question number 1. you have just checked the two ways to implement multimapping. the third way is n : m transformation.like a message is defined by interface A is converted to message that is defined by interface B.

The other thing you must want to know about the multi mapping is that multi mapping can only be used with ccBPM.

Also check this link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/f3b31d48fb1bc8e10000000a11466f/content.htm

5.The RB_SPLIT and RB_CLASSIC interface detrmination comes into picture only for a 1:N mapping.

Regards

Aashish SInha

PS : Reward points if helpful

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi gabriel,

1.<i> Source message occurs 3 times, target only once what is wrong

</i> check the target MT occurance. make it 1..unbounded.

3. Multimapping:

Multimapping is used in <b> ccBPM</b>.

It is used to map abstract interfaces

We can do:

n:1 transformation

1:n transformation

n:m transformation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/21/6faf35c2d74295a3cb97f6f3ccf43c/content.htm

regards,

nikhilbos.

<i> **reward if helpful