cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting a request in single system landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I our single system landscape, we are using the scc1 t-code to transport a request from dev client to prd client,then it showing a message like target client is productive and protected against client copy for this reason every time we are changing the production client settings. please give me suggestions how to transport a request in single system landscape with out using scc1 t-code.

Regards,

Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't transport generic transport requests with transaction SCC1 because SCC1 is for client copy and not for transport.

A productive client is protected against client copy for a good reason : not to be destroyed by the client copy !

It's a VERY BAD idea to have both the dev client and the prod client in the same system :all programs are client independent.

I hope your single system landscape is only a testbed...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Thank you for your information, But how can i transport generic transport requests from dev client to prd client in a single system landscape,please suggest me on the same,it is more helpful for me.

Regards,

Reedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Use transaction STMS or use tp.exe from the OS prompt line to import transport requests.

Regards,

Olivier

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

I don't know why you need to from development client to production client (unless it is table entries that you are transporting).

Since you anyways have only one system!

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I don't know why you need to from development client to production client

>>(unless it is table entries that you are transporting).

That's the real question !

But I'm not sure that Reddy has the answer ?

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe because he needs to transport client-dependent data?

Reddy, you can use SCC1 to transport requests from one client to another in a single system.

Regards,

Jessica.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Olivier,

Are you sure SCC1 is just for client copy? I dont think so.

Client Copy transaction is SCCL for a local copy and SCC9 for remote client copy.

SCC1 allows to transport local requests within different clients, of course depending of what the transport request contains you can copy something simple or a lot of data (yes, I know, the title says something, but see the functionality).

I'm agree is not a good practice to have DEV and PRD in one server, but maybe he is using it for testing purposes? I saw different cases in the past and sometimes they had DEV and QA in one server, maybe this is the case.

Anyways, lets help him on his question.

Reddy, if you have any question, just post it.

Good luck,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reddy,

Sorry, just to complete my answer. The system is showing you that message because your PRD client is probably set as "Production". See in trx SCC4 , choose the entry and check 'Client role'. You need to change that probably, just be very careful with what you are going to do (I assume you have a good reason and you are the SAP Administrator ).

If you still have problems, check in the same trx (SCC4) the setting for the PRD client: "Changes and Transport for client-specific objects' and change it if you need it.

Good luck again,

Jessica.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica,

technically you are completely right, but I think it's not the best idea to copy local requests between clients in this scenario... They should configure STMS with a route from one client to another and in this case they may use every "normal" tool. In this case they may protect the productive client with the client settings and they may administrate the transferring of the objects as well.

But my suggestions is also to create at least a new developing-testing system to make modifications, except if they only need client dependent customizing, but this is a very specific need.

Best regards

Tamá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Tamas,

Honestly, I've never seen a DEV and PRD working in one server in a company and I dont think is a good practice at all... at least that somebody is trying to make an 'artificial scenario' for testing or education purposes.

I tried to answer his question assuming he knows what he is doing.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes it's Reddy's business, so he has to know what is his target. You answered his question.

Bye!

Tamá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ovilier

Iam transporting the client dependent objects from devlopement client to production client in my single system landscape using scc1.

I used t-code stms to transport a request but i got the below error i.e

Transport control program tp ended with error code 0247

Errors : addtobuffer has problems with data-and/or cofile

Please suggest me to solve this problem

Regards,

Reddy V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica,

I am using scc1 only, but every time I am changing the production client settings to transport a request.

Please suggest me how to over come this issue.

Regards,

Reddy,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thams,

could you suggest me how to configure STMS in a single system with a route from one client to another.

Regards,

Reddy,

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

just draw a route from the system to itself and specify the layer and the target client for a consolidation route. I'm not sure you can make a delivery route or not, but you will see. /It must work, I tried it just now. :-)/

If you have problem with this method, you may create a virtual system and make the route to that target. In this case you have to add the requests manually to the import queue, but the result will be the same.

Best regards

Tamá

Former Member
0 Kudos

/It must work, I tried it just now. :-)/

ps.: I mean the consolidation route works without delivery route. 😄

Answers (0)