cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key mapping missing - MDM5.5 client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have successfully imported Materials, when see the same in the client ( right click the material and edit key mapping ) key mapping field is missing . Kindly clarify me what could be the reason for the same.

thanks

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Just add to Ravi's detailed explanation, make sure that you chose the display fields accurately. For every one of your tables, figure out what field(s) make the record unique, and flag them as display fields. Make sure that key mapping is turned on, per the instructions.

Truncate the data you already loaded, and reload the data. While reloading the data using import manager, there are a couple of things you need to take care:

a) if you have one field as display field, then clone the source field data, map the original field to remote key on the destination pane, and map the clone to the field.

b) if you have 2 fields as display fields, either use partitioning or compund key option, and map the composite key to the remote key.

Hope this is helpful. All the best!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are few tables Key mapping values are NO, should I make everything into YES.

thanks

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want the key mapping to be active for all the fields then yes you have to do that. We need to remember the data is handled by MDM in terms of individual tables and not in terms of objects. So, when you send back the data to the sources systems, you need to know which are all the tables from the which the data is going picked up. Depending on that you should switch it on.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please reward points if the answers have solved your problem / have been helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly let me know eact menu path in the console where exactly I can make these changes. ( Turning on the Kep mapping ).

thanks

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open the Console - Unload your repostiroy.

Click on the repository name -- > On the right hand side you should see the list of table names.

Once you select one of those table the properties of the table will be displayed in the bottom half.

You should be able to see Key Mapping property there. Other properties you can see are Display Fields, Unique fields.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alexander,

In the console the Key Mapping option should have been turned on. Unless that is done you cannot see the key mapping field in Client.

You can find the same in the details of the table on the Console.

Regards,

Ravi