cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "Instance of view controller does not exist"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created an Adaptive RFC WebDynpro Application having two views, where the views display the data from the SAP R/3 backend in tables.

The first view has a table which gets populated on the click of a button. Now when I click on one of the entries in the table, the second view has to be displayed.

The Second view also has a table which displays data from the backend.

I am able to retrieve the data from the backend, but the problem now is, when I click on the data entry on the first view, the second view gets displayed only for 1 second. Immediately after a second it gives the following error.

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Instance of view controller PR_REQ10_List_View does not exist.

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Component.getController(Component.java:353)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.html.client.HtmlClient.handleUIElementEvent(HtmlClient.java:767)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.html.client.HtmlClient.updateEventQueue(HtmlClient.java:698)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.initEvents(AbstractClient.java:131)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.prepareTasks(AbstractClient.java:99)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientManager.doProcessing(ClientManager.java:248)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doWebDynproProcessing(DispatcherServlet.java:154)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:116)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doPost(DispatcherServlet.java:55)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)

Here "PR_REQ10_List_View" is the name of my first view

Does anyone know how I can resolve this error? If yes, kindly share the solution.

Thanks and regards

Reena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

If both views are under the same window, then only one view is active at a time.

So please create a viewset and place the views in different cells and try.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried placing the views in different cells of the viewset. The error is resolved.

But the problem is, both the views are displayed at the same time in a single window.

Whereas what I want is, when I click on the first view, the first view must be hidden and the second view must appear in place of the first one.

Any pointers on how to go about this?

Thanks in advance

Reena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a Value attribute of type visibility from Dictionary(com.sap.ide.webdynpro.uielementdefinitions.Visibility)Visibility) and bind it to your View's Visible propery.

Now set the visibility of your view that you dont want to display initially as WDVisibiliy.Blank,in this manner:

wdContext.currentContextElement().setVis(WDVisibility.BLANK)

//where Vis is the context attribute here that u created.

and then on any action set it to WDvisibility.visible -when you want to show it, like this

wdContext.currentContextElement().setVis(WDVisibility.VISIBLE);

All the best.

Regards,

Sirisha.R.S

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

You can outboundPlug from view1 to View2 and fire the plug to nagivate to View2.

On View1 create Outplug with name "ToView2".

Place a Button and in the button action write "wdThis.wdfireToView2()"

Now on click button it will navigate to the view2.In this case view1 will not be displayed after clicking on the button.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for the help.

I was able to solve the problem.

Thanks and Regards

Reena

jeff_karls
Participant
0 Kudos

Which solution was able to resolve this for you? I am experiencing the same issue. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same problem after a while. We are testing a Web Dynpro Application, and when we try to use it after 10-15 minutes of inactivity, we were shown this problem. It looks like a timeout problem, or something like that.

Here is the stack :

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.Exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Instance of view controller ControlList does not exist.

controller .Component.getController....

PieClient.handelUIElementEvent...

PieClient.updateEventQueue...

Thanks

Message was edited by:

Bvd-It Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

Please elaborate on howthe problem was solved.I am facing the same problem in my application:-

Instance of view controlle does not exist

Plsease reply.

Thanks

Shikha Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

Try recreating the iView and then apply the old conditions, this might take a while but its worth a shot.

Regards

Srikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reena,

How is your second view called from the entry of the table, I mean Is your second view in seperate window and called as a popup? If not, try that I think that would surely work.

Regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My second view is in the same window.

I tried creating and separate window and call as a popup.

I still get the same error.

Any other pointers?

Thanks in advance

Reena