cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to divide the iview into frames?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please tell me how to divide the iview into frames.Kindly provide the steps.Its urgent.

Regards,

Nutan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well an iView is the smallest building block in portal and cannot be further split.

Now if you need to do this anyhow. Put your frame contents in 2 seperate iviews and add them to a page side by side.

Or else make a Java iView with a JSP with a table containing 2 cells wherein you cna put your 2 frame contents.

Hope this helped.

If it did kindly consider rewarding points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Thanks for your valuable reply. I have done in the same way as you have told. But how to add them to a page side by side. I need the page to have 4 rows.Please provide step by step.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually im a bit confused now whether you artalking about Visual composer iView or other type of iViews.

If you are refrring to my previous post then let me know whether you wish to go by the Java Iview approach or the iView->Page approach

Message was edited by:

Prem Mascarenhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

I am asking about Visual Composer Iviews.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok so if you have 4 different VC applications, this will result in the creation of 4 different VC iViews in the Visual composer folder in the Portal Content directory.

Now if you want them arranged side-by side, are you referring to top-to-down or left-to-right directions. I think you are referring to "columns" not Rows.

If rows, you can just add them iViews to a 1 column layout page.

If colums, you might have to create a page layout for that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Now I am working in the iview--> Page approach. But I am not having any idea about Java Iview also.Please provide the help if you are having any examples for that.

Regards

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

If you are working on iView->Page then well stick to that. The Java iView thing is totally different. You cant follow that if you are using VC iViews.

Also do let me know your reply on the layout thing i asked previously.

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prem,

I have created 4 iviews and attached them to one page as 1 column layout.We have created too many pages in portal.But now we want to navigate in between the pages in portal. So please guide me for that.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

Didnt quite understand.

Now youve arranged them iviews one below the other.

Didnt understand <i>now we want to navigate in between the pages in portal</i> actually.

Is it related to the same initial problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Ya I have arranged those iviews in page. But i have created many pages like that using iviews in portal. Now i want to navigate in between the pages. Means if i am clicking any button in one page it should go to a particular page realted to that.How to do that?Whether it is posible in portal?

Regards

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

Now its clear!!

If I understand right. You want an overview page full of links to go to your different pages?

Or maybe you want a link form each page to go to another page?

In Portal Navigation through hyperlinks is possible.

You can either do that using EPCM.doNavigate("ROLES://...") {check for EPCM API of help.spa.com}

Or you could do that by simple

<a href="http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/portal/myql">CLICK</a>

{check for Quicklinks on help.sap.com}

Either way you'll have to make a small JSP for that.

Hope this helped

If so kindly reward with points

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

I am also facing similar problem but is it possible to do navigation by using buttons (instead of hyperlinks) in portal. Or i have to do all those navigations in my application and then deploy in portal?

Regards,

Manivannan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By using layers we can navigate from one iview to the other in the same page. And in a page we can have different iviews in VC. We can create different iviews and then link them in one page in the portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you need 4 frames which display different content, you can have 4 iviews and then can add these four iviews in the page. Then you can define eventing between these iviews.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/9c/ffdb4269b2f340e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards

Inder

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

we need more information. Anyway, you can devide your iView in two nested iviews in one iView and use the signal in and signal out components for communication between the tow nested iViews.

Why do you want to divide the iView into two frames? (32k issue?)

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks to all of you for your replies. I need to divide iview into different frames which will have different contents.

Ex: One iview divided into four rows. Third row will be dynamic means it will change. But other all rows will be static.

whether this can be possible?If so then please give the steps.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to give more details of what you want to do. Do you mean splitting the iview into different areas with different content in each? Or do you mean layers with different content to be shown at different stages in your application? Or what?

Henning