cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send group of characters from a record without delimiters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a file(Text or Excel) which contains n number of lines. The record contains 100 characters(For Example) of data. I want to send group of characters data to different destination fields.

When I upload the file using 'Import manager' I'll have all n mumber of reocrds in the <b>'Source Preview'</b>. It means only one source table which contains only one filed. This field will contain n number of records with <b>No Delimiter</b>.Each record with 100 characters. I want send group of characters data from each record to different destination fields.

For Ex:-

Source Field: AADSHDK2343324KMNKLNN343432434KKJJKKKJKJKLK

Destinaton Fields: Field1,Field2,Field3 etc..

The above record contains 'No Delimiter'

Requirement: 1-7 charactrs has to send to 'Field1'

8-14 charactrs has to send to 'Field2' etc...

How to achieve this in 'Import Manager'. How can I perform <b>'Map Fields/Values'</b> i.e <b>'Value conversion and mapping'</b>.

With best rgds.,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

glenleslie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Use an ODBC Text driver to access the data. This will allow you to select field lengths of data rather than forcing you to have defined delimeters...

You may have to purchase one depending on how complex the data is...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

I don't think MDM can load data from a flat file. You will have to convert that into tab delimited file so that you can open the same in an Excel and you should be able to use the file to upload the data.

As a work around you can convert that into a XML file, which probably will be more work.

Regards,

Ravi