Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which one to choose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My cousin is having 4 years experience in IT dept of an manufacturing company,

he is good at Server maintenance , N/W maintenance etc and also Good at .NET programming and knowledge in SQL . Now he is intrested in SAP World, As he see it, he has two choices in SAP , one is BASIS and another one is ABAP. But he is under confusion which one to choose since he has experience and confort in both the areas. Kindly suggest me to suggest him which one to be choosen at this point.Also tell me the market position for BASIS and ABAP consultants. You suggestion would make him take a good decision. Kindly suggest. Points assured.

regs,

Raja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

ABAP and BASIS is two different things in SAP world. At one side ABAP is complete programming where at other side BASIS is completely into administration. If you cousin is having interest in writing codes/programming then he can go for ABAP and if he wants much into SAP system sdministration then BASIS will be the option for him.

Before making a decision go through the basic information on both ABAP and BASIS and then you will have an idea which could be the best suited option. On the below link you will find info about both ABAP and BASIS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABAP

Regards,

Subhasha