cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow and mailserver message

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed workflow and made a workflow an get the following error message:

<i>Workflow Initialization. Unable to retrieve mail server information</i>

Where do I set up the mail server information?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AndreasSeifried
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

you need to include the setting "Mail Server" in each of the repository sections of the mds.ini. For example:

[MDM Server\Databases\xyz]

(...)

Mail Server=smtpserver.company.com

Regards

Andreas

former_member192347
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I have added the Mail Server entry in mds.ini file for my repository. But when workflow executes the Notify tasks, I do not get the email. I have setup the email Id for my mdm login. How can I find what's the error/problem and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Abhay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhay:

Perhaps you should firs locate the source of the problem. Ony advice would be to setup a simple e-mail server on the same computer and assign it to MDM, so everything is on localhost. That way you can check whether the error is on the mail side or on MDM side.

Also double check out the e-mail settings such as addresses, try and ping the mail server, etc.

Hope that helps

Alejandro

former_member192347
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

I able to do ping to mail server host. Also able to send mail from internet browser using mail protocol. So, I think the connectivity is not the issue. Could be something to do with MDM Mail Client software.

I found the workflow error log file in ..\server\reports folder.

Let me try with a local email server.

Thanks,

Abhay

former_member192347
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

MDM Workflow Notify task is working after rebooting the machine.

So the rule is, after making changes to mds.ini file, reboot the machine, to observe the consequence of configuration changes.

Abhay

Answers (0)