cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit the size of FB03 attachments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can we limit the file size in FB03 attachments? This feature is also called "Services for Objects".

thanks,

kbas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not able to understand your question. Can you elaborate.

Cheers

V.Krishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnan,

If you look at most of the major documents (FI line items, purchase order, invoice, delivery, etc.) there will be a little dropdown icon in the upper left corner of the screen beside the "Display Document:" title and below the execute button.

That icon is the 'Services for Object' button. Clicking on it will display a small popup window with several options including one for creating attachment, create note, create external document, etc.

We want to limit the file size of the attachments to 2mb. How can we set that limit.

thanks,

kbas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am hearing about it for the first time. I will check out and revert back if I find the answer. If you find out please let me know.

Cheers

V.Krishnan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you give more info about it.

Question is, can the attachment be changed after the doc is posted. if so how do we restrict it.

Its interesting.

Thanks,

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just try the below link I hope it might help you to some extent

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004//helpdata//EN/c8/96c998142f11d389940000e8216438/frameset.htm

Good Luck

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Thanks for your reply. I've been to that page already. It does not say anything about limiting the file size of the attachment.

cheers.

kbas

former_member193516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No straight forward way to do so.

The transaction SGOS allows to make specific entries invisible, but no size reduction.

There are two badis where you can influence settings:

Business Add-Ins (BAdIs) GOS_SRV_REQUEST and GOS_SRV_SELECT.

Cheers,

Hein

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply. Points to all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KBAS,

are you able to implement the size to 2MB using the two badi's ? for my requirement I have

tried in the same way ...but not working for  . If you let us know the solution that would be helpful in solving the issue.

Thanks & Regards

Syamala