cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregates with Attribute Change Run and Master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

I created Aggregate which includes Master Data such as Customer , Customer Number , Material , Material Number.....

It also contains navigational attribute and hierarchy...

Now we all know that if Master data and Hierarchy changes frequently(or some new values are added or new attributes are added etc.) we want to see the respective change in Aggregates too

So just Rolling up aggregate will not help.

We need to apply Attribute Change run for this purpose, to aggregates..

Now the question is HOW TO APPLY ATTRIBUTE CHANGE RUN to aggregates?

How to automate this process with Process chains..?

If i create Aggregate on Master Data CUSTOMER NO., DOES IT AUTOMATICALLY INCLUDE THAT AGGREGATE IN ATTRIBUTE CHANGE RUN FOR THAT CUSTOMER NO. PROCESS CHAINS ? Yes or No..........

(What i mean to say is if there is Attribute Change Run for Customer No. and if this is in Process chains specially created for Customer Number , than as aggregates are created on Customer No., does i t automatically applies and make changes to Aggregate too, or do we hvae to create special process chian for it ?)

Please reply asap ? its urgent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in Monitoring tab u can find options for Attribute Change Run.

In Process Chains in other bw processes u have option Attribute Change Run

u can use this.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/advancedsearch?query=attributeChangeRun+&cat=sdn_all

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/advancedsearch?query=attributeChangeRun+usingprocess+chains&cat=sdn_all

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kartikey,

You do not apply attribute change run to aggregates. Suppose, you have a master data object that is used in your infocube. When the master data attribute change run for this object takes place, it will also adjust the corresponding 'SID' links. As such, you cannot do a roll up during the attribute change run of this object wherever this object is used in a cube.

You CANNOT create AGGREGATES on master data. Because, AGGREGATES are indexes (baby cubes) on a cube. But, you can include AGGREGATE ROLL UP in a transaction data process chain as an end step.

hope this helps.