Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPC TYPE

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does it mean to have a user ID with CPC type?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maritza,

See the last post in .

If you search for some related terms, you will find plenty of threads recommending "use cases" for the user types.

My understanding is that "CPIC" users are being phased out, but whether that is indeed true or not I am not sure.

Kind regards,

Julius

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maritza,

See the last post in .

If you search for some related terms, you will find plenty of threads recommending "use cases" for the user types.

My understanding is that "CPIC" users are being phased out, but whether that is indeed true or not I am not sure.

Kind regards,

Julius

0 Kudos

So a CPC Type of a user is a Service user?

0 Kudos

My answer related to CPIC, not CPC.

CPIC type NE Service type in many respects.

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Assuming that "CPC" is a typo and actually you are referring to "CPIC" then it's worth to take a look onto <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/327917">SAP Note 327917</a> and <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/622464">SAP Note 622464</a>.

As of R/3 4.6C the usertype "CPIC" was renamed to "COMMUNICATION".

At the same point of time the usertype "BATCH" was renamed to "SYSTEM".

The usertypes "SERVICE" and "REFERENCE" have been added (new as of 4.6C).

0 Kudos

And prior to "BATCH" users there were "BDC" users. These were relabelled to "SYSTEM" in SU01 and are only converted when saved => prerequisite: the user master record was resaved at least once after the upgrade since release 4.5x.

You can still today sometimes find such "old" user record attributes in "old" systems.

Having a policy to periodically reset passwords of such users in a co-ordinated manner can help to correct such old / obsolete attributes.

Kind regards,

Julius