Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting access to delivery block in VA02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Is it possible to restrict the user access to the "delivery block" field in VA02 tcode.

So far I could not find any authorization object that is directly related to delivery block under shipping.

I have also searched in SDN but none so far matched my requirement.

Please help how security can be achieved at this field level.

Appropriate rewards will be granted for valuable information.

Thanks

Kee

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kee,

See which I responded to.

You can often configure screens in the IMG, but to make them authorization dependent is often a more difficult task.

I am not sure how many logistics security experts frequent this topic forum, but I have seen some posts in that area so hopefully a non-spam answer (unlike mine) will help you further

Kind regards,

Julius

0 Kudos

Julius,

My requirement is - all the fields in VA02 should be in display mode except the delivery block. This kind of authorization is required for the FI person to perform credit check on the items. so they should be able to change the delivery block and nothing else in VA02.

Any help on this greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kee

0 Kudos

Hi Kee,

It may be possible to use screen variants (tx SHD0) to do this. There is plenty of info in the SHD0 help which covers various scenario's and usages of variants.

If you want <i>everybody</i> to have this restriction then that is an easy way to do this.

0 Kudos

Alternately consider whether your choice of transaction could be optimized? There might be a transaction which does exactly that?

Ask your functional support, or try a search. If I do bump into somthing, I will remember your thread and post it.

Kind regards,

Julius