cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC as Sender Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have configured a scenario R/3=>XI=>FTP.

Now when I executes the program it gives me following error : 'CPI-C error text: "alternativeServiceIdentifier: party/service from channel

configuration are not equal to party/service from lookup of alternative"

How to solve this problem?

Thank you.

--Pramod.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir /siva,

Do we need to import RFC in the scenario?

I have imported RFC but not able to map RFC response to the Inbound interface.

where do i require to make changes..?

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<i>>>Do we need to import RFC in the scenario?</i>

ya u hav to import RFC in the IR.

<i>>>I have imported RFC but not able to map RFC response to the Inbound interface.

where do i require to make changes..?</i>

For dealing with this scenario u can go thru my blog

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Regards

Arpit Seth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>>>Do we need to import RFC in the scenario?</i>

Obviously.. u need to..

Else how will the XI Server know what is the message that is comming in..?

Refer to <b>How to validate connection between SAP R3 and XI when using Remote Function calls</b> in articles section by SridharRajan Natarajan for RFC sender scenario.

kindly don't forget to assign points for helpful answers.

Cheers,

Siva Maranani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva now the error is :

CPI-C error text: "senderAgreement not found: lookup of binding via CPA-cache

failed for AdapterType RFC, AdapterNS http://sap.com/xi/XI/System, di"

How to tackle this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the <b>SAP Note 730870 FAQ XI 3.0 RFC Adapter Q.No 19</b>

Which says the Sender agreement has not been made. If u ahve already created a sender agreement, u would have missed activating it.

<i>Q 19: While sending a RFC call to the RfcAdapter I get a error message "com.sap.aii.af.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: senderAgreement not found: lookup of binding via CPA-cache failed...". What is missing?

A: The RfcAdapter trys to find a Sender Agreement for this RFC call but the lookup failes. The values used for this lookup are:

Sender Party/Sender Service: The values from Party and Service belonging to the sender channel.

Sender Interface: The name of the RFC function module.

Sender Namespace: The fix RFC namespace urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions

Receiver Party/Receiver Service: These fields are empty. This will match the wildcard '*'.</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look at <b>SAP Note 730870 FAQ: XI 3.0 RfcAdapter Q.no 15</b>

<i>Q 15: Whats wrong when the error message "lookup of alternativeServiceIdentifier via CPA-cache failed" shows up while sending a RFC call to the RfcAdapter?

A: A RFC sender channel is located beneath a service within the Integration Directory. Within this service choose "Service" -> "Adapter-Specific Identifiers". The values in the fields "R/3 System ID" and "Client" has to be maintained with the correct values of the system, that sends the RFC call to the RfcAdapter. It normaly only makes sense to have these values filled for services of type "Business System". If maintained in SLD, this fields will be filled automaticaly for services of type "Business System" and can be updated with the button "Compare with System Landscape Directory".</i>

Cheers,

Siva Maranani.