cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I select all rows? please assist!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm a complete n00bie to the BI Web Application Designer - I mean, "Today is the first day with the tool". I need to know how to do the following:

Working in WAD... with a template.

The client has an "Analysis Item" that contains a table of data. He wants to add a "Select All" button that will select all of the rows within the table.

How do I do this? This is sort of trial-by-fire, so any and all help (simple as can be please) is much appreciated.

Help me Obi Wan...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

Not sure if that function exists - what would they do once they had all rows selected? Knowing that might present alternative solutions and options for us.

Regards

Gill

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have all of the requirements yet... just the "jist" of the project. I only know that the client will want the option to "Select All" on a table of rows.

If anyone has any ideas, please jot 'em down. I'll follow up when I have more details too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Until I get the actual requirements, let's go with this:

1) User pulls up an <i>Analysis Item</i> that has a table of "invoice items". Each row/item has a checkbox at the beginning of the row that can be selected to be included in a "line item totals" calculation below the table.

2) User wants to select all rows or deselect rows with a single button click. The processing after the selection/deselection doesn't really matter at this point.

How would I go about accomplishing this "select all" function in WAD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

bump

Gunter_Cokl
Participant
0 Kudos

hi, have you finally found a solution for this topic? we face the same problem!

br, gunter

Former Member
0 Kudos

One way is to put the objects from the left panel of the query designer into the "rows" section of your new query, which you want to see in the report's results as a default, after the user executes the report.

Add key figures and variables if they are needed for some reason. Then put query in a web template using the web application designer. Add variable input box to web template.

To get everything in the query result = run web template "wide open" without selecting any variable restrictions.

As long as the BW data source has all of the data, the query should be returning all the data.

Edited by: Sharon West on Jan 21, 2009 10:33 AM