cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Group Config

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi! Gurus,

can anyone help me create a Product Group. I read through the forum & I came to know tat we can create a product group using MC81 or MM02. But, i am unable to figureout how....Transaction MC81 is asking to enter a Product Group which i never created. and in material master i never saw a product group anywhere...i knw Material Group, Product Hierarchy, MRP Group, Strategy Group but i wonder where is Product Group.

please help me out....if you can clearly explaing i would be very thank ful.

thanx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use tcode MC84 to create a product group. MC81 is creating a rough cut paln.

In MC84 input two or more finished material with percentage.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanq sir...but i hv a prblm ....

i enterd the Product Group: Testgrp1

Description: This is a test group

Plant: VVC

Base Unit: EA

Members: Materials

im getting an error: The field is defined as a required field; it doesnot contain an entry

and the cursor is directed to Product Group Text box....why it is happening like tat? how 2 correct this error?

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you choose materials as members, you have enter the material no. in the corresponding field & their % respectively. For Eg: A1, 40% & B1,60%.

Then when you process with this product group further this proportion is considered. If you pass a requirement of 100 then this will be split as A1 40Nos & B1 60 Nos.

Regards,

Senthilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I suppose you are using ECC 6.0 version. Wth this version the product group with Material Type PROD creates MRP1 and MRP2 views.However when creating a product group, it asks for the entry in Profit centre and Division filed which ofcourse cannot be maintained in MRP1 and MRP2 views and thus the following error pops in.

Inorder to make these fields as non madatory change the fileds from mandatory to optional in SPRO. Once these fileds are made optional , the Product group will be created.

Please revert back accordingly.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you friends. thanx 4 answering me quickly.