Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BExAnalyzer.exe does not work anymore after upgrade to FEP 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

after installing FEP 3 I noticed the following behaviour:

If I try to run the new Bex Analzer from the Menue (Start -> Programs -> Business Explorer -> Analyzer) nothing happens at all. Neither Excel does start, nor the Analyzer plugin is loaded at all. A start from C:\Program Files\SAP\Buiness Explorer\BI\BExAnalyzer.exe) does as well not work.

But running the Excel macro directly from C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared\BW\BExAnalyzer.xla starts Excel and the plugin is working as expected.

So the question is: is it a bug or a feature?

Best regards,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trouble shoot it

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked all components of the installation and everything seems to be ok. The only thing that I fell over is the statement

"Ensure that the BExAnalyzer Application has authority to create dll's in the user's temp folder"

Do I really have to take care of this? How? (I already disabled the virus scanner, but the result is the same - it's not working)...

Thanks,

Andreas

PS: Can someone tell me in more detail, what the BExAnalyzer.exe is trying to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest you re-install it again, as it sounds like a bad installation on your local machine. This shouldn't be happening.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried the re-installation already several times, but the behaviour was always the same..