cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTR : active & inactive folder workspace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi masters,

can anyone tell me the utility of the active workspace and the inactive workspace in the DTR ? Do we absolutetly need them ?

I read somewhere that when activities are activated, they go from the inactive to the active.

Thx.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elliot,

Yes, Both active and inactive workspaces are needed. At a given time only version can be active. All the inactive version are stored in inactive workspace of DTR. For more details you can go through documentation on DTR.

Thanks,

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Elliot,

The usual structure in a track is like this. You have 2 workspaces namely dev and cons.

Each inturn contain inactive/active workspaces. They are necessary and they automatically get created when you add a SC to a track.

Always developers are allowed to work only with the inactive workspace, meaning they can check out the resources from inactive, do the required changes and then chek it in. And then comes the step of activation. When the developers activate their activity the DCs build and after successful build the sources/changes get integrated with the active workspace.

And then when you release the changes and import to cons the changes get into cons workspace. In case of cons, the activation happens automatically when the import to cons takes place.

Whereas in Dev the developer has to explicitly do the activation step to get the changes into active workspace. I hope it's clear

Akshatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Akshatha for your responses.

Imagine the following case : we use SAP XI and use the DTR to store our Java mappings. We always need to create a jar file from the Developer Studio and Import this jar file into SAP XI (DEV).

we cannot import directly into the cons workspace because we need to test the mapping in the dev. In this case, do we need the activation ? I mean, even we activate the activities we cannot release them.

Thx.