cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP .NET Connector for 64 bit Windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having an web application which runs under 32bit windows server that uses SAP .NET Connector to connect to SAP. Now we are moving the web application to 64bit windows server. While testing the app, the new Server throws an error message "Bad Image File Format" on librfc32.dll. My question is does SAP has the equivalent RFC connector for 64bit windows server? If not what will be the work around (without changing the web Application to run under WOW)? Please let me know

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also to add, if you are deploying .net ASPX application, is better to create a web service

with 32bit application pool.

Below is how you do it from IIS7 manager:

1.Right click on the Application Pool and select u201CAdvanced Settingsu2026u201D or select the same from the Actions pane after selecting the Application pool

2.Change the u201CEnable 32-bit Applicationsu201D to True (if you want the application pool to spawn in a 32-bit mode)

3.Click OK

And from your 64 ASPX application, call the 32bit web service method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The below work for us. You may want to give a try.

1. Copy files

librfc32.dll

SAP.Connector.dll

SAP.Connector.Rfc.dll

into C:\Windows\System32

2. also copy the same 3 files into

C:\Windows\SysWOW64

3. Compile the program in 32 bit mode,

run the application

Hope this help

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP.net connector 3.0 has been released and it works . but unlike existing you can't add 'sap.net connector ' through add new item, instead you gotta add sap related dlls through add reference .

Former Member
0 Kudos

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR - USE ENGLISH ON THE FORUMS>

Edited by: Alvaro Tejada Galindo on Apr 20, 2010 7:22 AM

vladimir_andrade
Explorer
0 Kudos

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR - USE ENGLISH ON THE FORUMS>

Edited by: Alvaro Tejada Galindo on Apr 20, 2010 7:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In IIS, set the compatibility mode (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996091.aspx) to 32 bits and check if the SAP.Connector.Rfc (SAP.Connector.Rfc.dll) is registered in GAC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

.net connector doesn't work on windows 64 bit... I don't know why.

You can use Xtract Is instead of SAP .net connector, check this website :

http://www.theobald-software.com/cms/en/xtract-is/xtract-is-plugnplay-mit-sap-und-den-ssis.html