cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict MasterData Infoprovider in BEx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

One of our user needs to create queries from 3 MasterData Infoprovider ( 0CUSTOMER, 0SOLD_TO etc; ), If we give him the InfoArea access, he can create queries in all the MasterData Infoprovider present in that InfoArea. Is there any way to restrict ( any perticular Authorization Object ) MasterData Infoprovider's in BEx.

Regards,

Partha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

Have you thought of the setting in the InfoObject itself: it needs to be marked as AuthorizationRelevant on the Business Explorer tabpage. After that you can set up the required authorization for the IO.

Keep in mind though that authorizing InfoObjects has a negative impact on performance for queries and that it very easily might become too complex an authorization structure for anyone to comprehend anymore.

Regards,

Eelco

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi All,

>

> One of our user needs to create queries from 3

> MasterData Infoprovider ( 0CUSTOMER,

> 0SOLD_TO etc; ), If we give him the InfoArea access,

> he can create queries in all the MasterData

> Infoprovider present in that InfoArea. Is there any

> way to restrict ( any perticular Authorization Object

> ) MasterData Infoprovider's in BEx.

>

> Regards,

> Partha

Hi All ,

Hey can anyone help me out with this, " One of our user wants to report on MasterData infoobjects, 0CUSTOMER, 0SOLD_TO. we have used the authorization object S_RS_COMP but we are unable to restrict his access only to the particular MasterData IO's , ie; if we are giving access to SD Infoarea the user gets access into all the MasterData Infoobjects in SD, but we want only specific access, By the way, we are into NW 2004s but the data flow is of 3.x's. Is there any Authorization Object in BI 7.0 for restricting MasterData Infoprovider, I guess we dont have any in 3.X..

Please help me out.

Regards,

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

You can restrict access by Infoproviders as well.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can give access to particular infoproviders also...

Check RSSM...there you can create auth objects for particualr master data also..

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do we have any standard Authorization Object to do that

Regards,

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use transaction code SU53 in one session & access the InfoArea in an another session. The SU53 session captures the Authorization Object. Ask your basis folks to restrict access for this Auth Object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

It didn't help, can u let me know the exact authorisation object to restrict MasterData Infoproviders

Regards,

partha

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

No we dont want to restrict the user for any perticular queries , I guess the auth. object S_RS_COMP1 can be used for that, but our problem is ; We have a MasterData Info Object which we have made reportable now i want to restrict the user only on that perticular Infoobject , not all infoobject under the InfoArea