cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection from Solution manager to SapNet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want connect from solution manager to sapnet for downloading support packages. What i need to do ?

I think that i need to:

1. official IP address for solution manager host ? Could this ip address be one in all network and routed to solution manager host ?

2. Install sap router on solution manager host ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mind..,

Yes must have maintenance optimizer in solution manager. Also, official IP is required. Sap router is required and VPN as well connect to SAP.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

We have Solution Manager with adress 192.168.x.x and we have ISA-server with public adress and we are using NAT between Intranet and Internet. Is it mean that we are to install saprouter on the same computer as ISA? How we are to customize VPN site-to-site? Can we have connection with SAP OSS only having one public adress?

please, help me with this questions...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olga,

You can install SAProuter in any SAP Server but should be ping your public IP, and also you should provide your public IP to register SAP. you can installed in VPN network or SNC network...

Regards

Chandra...

Reward points would be appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mindaugas,

For getting SAP Solution manager connected to SAP Net the following where mandatory

We Should have a official IP address of the computer on which SAP router can be configured. Its not necessary that you should have it in solution manager server. You can have it in any of the computer within your network and configure SAP router in that machine. This should be an official and registered IP address. You cannot use address such as

10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255

172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255

192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255

Later solution manager can be connected to SAP net using three RFC connections SAPOSS, SAP-OSS, SAP-OSS-LIST-O01. But before starting this make sure that you have configured SAP router correctly. Only then these RFC connections will work.

Also refer Note: 28976

regards,

Anandh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you just want to download support packs, you have to setup Maintenance optimizer in solution manager.

I hope this will help solve your problem.

THanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

but for setup Maintenance optimizer is this required ?

1. official IP address for solution manager host ? Could this ip address be one in all network and routed to solution manager host ?

2. do i need Install sap router on solution manager host ?