cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stock at container freight station

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guru's,

my client is having 3 manufacturing plants in 3 different places. In the case of export sales , the respective plants are raising a proforma invoice along with ARE1 form and dispatching the material to Container freight Station (cfs).

The corporate office is invoicing the export sales after clubbing the deliveries at the cfs (container freight station ) for the same customer. the client also wants to know what is the stock lying at the cfs at any point of time.how can i map this ? is it possible to show the stock lying(stock overview ) at cfs station ?as it is not the physical location belonging to the client.

please throw me some light on how to map this scenario.it is urgent.

thanks and regards,

ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi

May be you can try with the following options

As of now, you are having one storage location from where materials are moved to CFS. Am I right?? Create one more storage location and treat that as your CFS.

Now once goods are ready at your plant, instead of creating delivery there itself, transfer the stock through <i><b>MB1B - 311</b></i> movement so that the stocks now will be in CFS Storage location. Here the respective people can create delivery and raise commercial invoice.

By doing so, you can monitor the stock through MMBE or MB51.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Lakshmipathi,

as per my scenario my client is having 3 plants in 3 different places and the CFS is in chennai.Before sending the material to Chennai along with ARE3 form and proforma invoice i have to pick and pack the material.

As per ur solution i will create a logical storage location and treat it as CFS and transfer the stock to new storage location using MB1B and movement type 311.

1. Is it possible to pick and pack the material with out creating a delivery ?

2. As i have 3 plants how many storage locations i have to create ?Shall we consider Chennai corporate office as a Plant(assume plant 4) ?

3. To which plant i have to assign these storage locations ?

thanks and regards,

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Why dont u try for consignment stock process.

CHAN