cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW Profit Center master data upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After uploading profit center master data, when i look at the profit center Hierarchy (KCH3), against the profit centers uploaded through LSMW, i am getting a message saying "No valid master record". Any suggestions to rectify this?

Thanks in advance,

Shivguru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing same problem. Means in KCH3 aginst Profit Center, instead of Profit Center name I am getting No Master Record.

Please let me know the solution.

Thanks,

Nishtha Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason of facing this problem is that, if while creating Profit Center, you give valid from (date) other than 1st of any month, then when you check in KCH3 i.e. Profit Center Group : Structure, you will find No Master Record against Profit Center.

While creating Profit Center, valid from (date) should always be 1st of any month.

For eg: While creating Profit Center, you have taken Valid from (date) May 3rd, 2011, then once you check in KCH3, it will show no Master Record against the Profit Center.

Worst thing is that you cant change valid from (date) of a profit center, once it is created (not sure about new version of SAP).

The solution for this problem is, delete the profit center by using T Code KE54 and again create profit Center with Valid from (date) May 1st, 2011. After doing this, check in T Code KCH3, you will find Profit Center name against that Profit Center.

In case you are not able to delete Profit Center (which will happen in old SAP versions, for eg; 3.1 Version), then Block that Profit Center. To block profit center, use T Code KE52, call up the profit center, go to indicators tab and put a check and lock indicator. After that dont forget to click the Match stick button to Activate your new state otherwise profit center will not be blocked. After blocking the old profit center, create a new profit center with new Profit Center number and with Valid from (date) beginning with first of any month. For Eg: May 1st 2011.

In case you are not even able to block profit center (which can happen in old version of SAP), then the only option left is change the name and description of profit center to Do not use. Though anyone can post entry to this Pofit Center, but by looking at the name and description, they will come to know that they should not post entry to this Profit Center. After that create a new profit center with new Profit Center number and with Valid from (date) beginning with first of any month. For Eg: May 1st 2011

Thanks,

Nishtha Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivguru.

I have a similar problem that you. I have created a profit center hierarchy using BAPI_PROFITCENTERGRP_CREATE and I can see the message "No valid master record" althought the profit centers used are correct. Could you tell how did you solve your problem?

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved ....

thanks,

Shivguru