cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize the std. search iview?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Please let me know whether we can customize the Search iview to our needs/requirements, as i have to develop this for searching the docs into new categories in the KM.

How to customize the std. search iview(<u>Advanced Search</u>)?

i want to customize the iview to some categories and sub categories.

Also i want to upload the docs into portal with the same categories and subcategories.

Pl guide.

Regards,

Piyush<u></u>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush

well addressing your qs, i have a point, you should customize the iview by making a Search option Set and then making Respective properties including into the Option Set.

then applyinh this to the Std. iview.

Thanks

Deepanker

PB: please provide points if found this reply useful.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

When you talk about std. Search iview, i am assuming that you are talking about the Advanced Search UI of SAP Netweaver Enterprise Search

Reg customization of the UI, the screen theme can customized to a certain extent like changing the header banner etc. But in general, it is not possible to modify the functionality to suit your requirements.

If you need to add categories, then you can create them using the Configuration Editor and assign the KM docs to the new category. Currently, only a flat list of categories are supported and hence it is not possible to create sub categories.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Reghu