cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Input Parameter Binding

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am binding optional input parameters that are of type DATS to the context of my component controller. I have also bound the context of one of my view controllers to these parameters in the component controller so they can be linked to a couple of UI elements. However these context nodes never seem to get initialized in the component controller. The function module does execute and return data using the default values as defined on the backend.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Are you using a custom controller or just the component controller, either way I think that you have to bind like this......here Bapi_Gl_Acc_Getlist_Input is a model class.

public void wdDoInit()
  {
    //@@begin wdDoInit()

Bapi_Gl_Acc_Getlist_Input input = new Bapi_Gl_Acc_Getlist_Input();
    wdContext.nodeBapi_Gl_Acc_Getlist_Input().bind(input);

//@@end
  }

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using the component controller and I have invoked the bind method, just as you indicate. Later I invoke the execute method on the model object and invalidate my output node to capture the returned results. I should note that the input parameters are configured as independent model attributes under the context root of the controller. So they are not subordinate to the context node that I invalidate. I thought this might be the problem.