cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing WAS on Fedora 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

I am trying to install WAS on Kernel 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 (Fedora 4). Have just two quick questions for now:

1. How do I change my hostname so the hostname command returns only a short name, such as "linux", without messing up the Linux installation? Right now, it returns "localhost.localdomain" in response to the hostname command.

2. Can you do full development in ABAP in WAS, or do you have to have the "netweaver platform" (whatever that is) to do ABAP development?

3. Do I need "openldap12-1.2.11-4" to do ABAP development, or will the installation work without it? If not, where do I get it?

4. Where do I get IBMJava2-JRE-1.3-7.0?

thanks,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jochen_rundholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all check OSS note 815368 for supported Linux versions.

1. I don't know Red Hat, for Suse you do it with yast. I am sure there is something similiar for Red Hat. May be you have "linuxconf" on your system. May be check: http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/5918

2. Which WAS do you install? Web AS is either 6.20 or 6.40 with both you can do ABAP development. Keep in mind that 6.40 has some more/better features than 6.20.

3. don't need.

4. Google? Anyway have you checked that you can use the IBM JDK? For Suse Linux I had to use the SUN JDK. Don't know about Fedora/RH.

Regards,

Jochen