Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Converting a Java Class to a Webservice using NWDS

Hi all

I'm quite new to the creation and consuming of Webservice. I have an existing Java class (developed as a NWDS Java project) containing 3 static mehods that I have successfully tested in the Java perspective. I now want to convert to this class and it's methods to a Webservice in NWDS.

On SDN I've found "https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d053a531-be1c-2a10-5895-86e8c3f9806f" which appears to be exactly what I require. It points to the use of the Web Services Wizard in NWDS.

I've followed the steps and get to Selecting the methods to contain in the Web Service. I can see my 3 methods with an unticked checkbox...but I cannot make a selection i.e. I cannot select any of my methods.

I presume that not selecting any methods in this step will not generate a correct Web Service allowing me to consume my methods. Has anyone encountered a similar scenario?

My NWDS version is 2.0.9 and my NWDS is not currently connected to any WEB AS. Am I correct to assume that once I have an EAR file I can manually deploy onto the appropriate WEB AS?

Your replies will be much appreciated.

Regards

Malick

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question