cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delivery Cost updation in Purchase Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have the requirement in which delivery cost (frieght and insurance amount) need to be updated automatically in purchase order from the custom screen/module where shipment notification details are mentioned.

It is required as the insurance and Freight charges are not known at the time PO creation.

Actual freight charges and insurance details are known when the shipment arrives.

This needs to be updated in PO, as Custom duty calculation depends on these factors.

Pls let me know, how i can achieve this.

Below i had mentioned the Steps.

1. PO Creation : At this Step Actual Freight and insurance Amount is not known.

2. Create Inbounde delivery to store the Shipment arrival information.

3. Insurance and Freight amount are stored in custom screen having inbound

delivery number as a refrence.

(This Freight and insurance amount are the part of delivery cost)

4. Finance will post the actual insurance and freight amount using MIRO Transaction. This Posted value need to be updated in PO.

5. Later, GR will be done.

Regards,

Shiva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the other ways of handling this case. do you want to incorporate like this.

what you can do is take the help of abaper, he will write a program that will fetch the value from the tables of your custom screen and overwrite the values in the condition. in this case a new price determination process will trigger. ABAPER will be the right person to guide you.

what I suggest you is to relook into your requiremnt.

Mostly in all import cases insurance value is known as you will be taking an overall policy cover and this value is approx 0.21 %. As far freight is concerned the amount is also known as per the shipping lines.

what may not be known sometimes is the C&F may go for another shipping line.

give the nearest value for this conditions in PO. book the extra amount as unplanned delivery cost. anyhow from accounting point of view these unplanned cost will be distributed on line item and will get loaded on the stock amount.

Regards

Rajesh

give the nearest value

Answers (0)