cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem facing Installation of SAP R/3 4.7 IDES Version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I was trying to Install SAP 4.7C ... in Windows 2003 server .I have copied the software in local harddisk in d drive. In SAPINST folder i am getting inside the folder NT amd HPUNIX.In NT i am getting I386 and Setup.cmd.

When i am clicking the setup.cmd nothing happening ...

I install Database10g , JDK 1.4 , Microsoft loop adapter and after that when i was running setup.cmd (old version)its not happening ( I don't have setup.exe).Please help me in this , why i am not able to install ......

Message was edited by:

BRIJESH PRASAD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

This is the problem with the JIT dll in windows. Please find in the system with JIT and remove or rename the files. Since the gui is based on java, yet times in the windows systems, because of these JIT files, the gui is not be getting invoked. Remove or rename and then try to start the installation. It should works.

If works, award me generously, because the same problem i faced and struggled for three days and nights.

Cheers,

gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh.,

Everyone have told a step in the Process still if u don't get its mistake in your machine.

Try this Procedure completely once.

*Install O.S Windows 2003 Server.

*Set Proper Virtual memory.

*Install Oracle 9i Version(Try with it.),Apply the Oracle Patches.

*Install Java, Set JAVA_HOME with correct path in environment Variables.

*Go for Kernel Installation, follow the Procedure with u for this.

*Finally Database Instance,this goes for around 8 hours, if it goes without any error till the end.

Check All the DB and sap services are started.

It should work Properly,else its a RAM or M/c problem.

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Try to run that cmd file directly from your cd/dvd drive ( let the copied files be there itself in your hard drive )...

I think u can able to run the setup...

Regards

Sreeni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni ,

I run setup.cmd directly from cd also , but its not happing.One quick dos prompt screen is coming and within a second it goes ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh

So it might be ur cd dumps problem also try to get another set of copy n try from beginning it may solve ur problem..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

As mentioned earlier could you copy copy dump from CD to your drive again and check.

If possible try to use same on fresh system.

Cheers

Deepanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi brijesh,

try and run that file from DOSprompt by going to the location where it is stored,

Type SETUP.cmd <-----

if there is any problem with the file you get an error message.

Hope this works for you

regards

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi brijesh,

i suppose you are going to the wrong path.

go to this location and try, hope problem will be solved

😕 sapinst\ sapinst\ sapinst\ NT

at this location you will find SETUP.cmd run it.

Regards

Abdul.

Message was edited by:

mohammed Abdul Hadi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Abdul ,

I am going in the same way which you mentioned , but when i clicking in setup.cmd , it is not processing further (one quick dos promt screen is coming and then suddenly it closing and nothing happening).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please refer to I386 folder in NT folder not to HPUNIX folder.

Hope it will solve your problem.

Cheers

Deepanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepanshu

I am going to NT folder and running setup.cmd ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

Sad to hear that problem still persist. Looks like you are copying dump from CD to your drive and there <u>might</u> be any antivirus s/w or third party s/w . If there is any please disable it.

Also please delete old dump and copying it again from CD provided. (Don't forget to disable antivirus s/w)

I hope it will solve your problem.

Thanks and Regards

Deepanshu Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

4.7 IDES was not released for Oracle10!!!

peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

I tried with Oracle 8i also , i am facing the same problem.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- open a cmd.exe

- step into the directory with the setup.cmd

- execute it from the command line

What do you see?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

I tried with command line also ..its saying that internal or external command not supporting. i am also not getting the clue what to do .. it seems everything ok ..

I installed Windows2003 Server with SP1 , JDK 1.4 , Microsoft loop adapter , oracle 10g ....

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the exact error message

---

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

I am not getting any error , when i am clicking to setup.cmd then for few second a dos prompt screen come and then its goes (Closed)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the installation of R/3 Enterprise 4.70 SR1 ABAP, use the R/3 Enterprise 4.70 Ext.Set 2.00 SR1 Installation Master CDs

I think you used wrong installation master,

regards,

kaushal

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read again my post... do NOT doubleclick, step into the directory manually (using cmd.exe) and execute the command from that box. You said something about that "file cannot be found" - which file cannot be found?

--

Markus

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you probably forgot to set JAVA_HOME.

once this is done, logout/login back in windows.

setup.cmd should work properly.

if it still does not not, read carefully Markus' answer as it will help you troubleshoot why it is failing.

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi, any log information which might be of help? why don't you use the appropriate master installation cd (Installation Master 6.20/6.40 Windows Server on IA32 32bit - CD 51032936_13)?

GreetZ, AH