Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple tool for same product.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

please guide me for my scenario given below:

how work center is to be decided whether machine wise or tool wise.because one macine can be load by four different tool at a time.

Regards

Deepak Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Workcenters are decided by Machine wise, Tools are defined as PRT(Production Resource Tools) in SAP.

In the routing for the product we use the workcenter(machine) and also assign the relevant PRT to the operation.

Regards,

Prasobh

Addtional inofrmation added

Message was edited by:

Prasobh Karunakaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im agreed with your point but there is only one operation that's why product can be produced at different machine simultaenously by multiple tools . Then how the routing should be define . Moreover product can be produced at any work center so what how many routing is to be prepared with production versions and how the system will know that which production version is to be captured at a time.

Please clear this problem.

Regards

Deepak Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak sharma.

since u have Number of workcenters for same product, create routing for each work center, and create prod versions equal number of workcenters.

u can select the prodution version manually, while cerating production order manaully.

There should be a capacity planning for your work center.

Have i tried to understand ur problem,if not please come back with some examples.

Regards

pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to create diff Prod versions for each Workcentres and at the time of creating PO,you can manually select the desired prod version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs but I want the production orders from MRP by converting it from planned order then can system read that which routing is to be captured.

Can I put routing at time of partial conversion of planned orders?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to describe you with one example.

Suppose there is one product named 'X'. This X product has 20 tools and we have 176 press machine. Now this 20 tools of product 'X' can be loaded at any work center among 176 simultaenously. Now how many routing should I make. I can not dedicate the press for these 20 tools.In one press I can load 4 tools simultaenously.

I think you are now clear with my problem.

Regards

Deepak

Answers (0)