cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future of SAP PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I would like to know the future of SAP PP module ,will it be safe for anyone to continue with the PP module,or is it going to be phased out by other SAP applications.Can anyone throw light on this?

With Regards

Kumar CH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hemant,

PP is going to ever living. There are currently composite applications being used for reporting or performing transaction, but this ultimately uses R/3. I would suggest you to also get into module like QM/PM/MM which are closely associated with PP so that you are not getting lost.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes PP is going to ever living,Alongwith PP Core strategies One should also emphasize on reports such as OEE,IDLE HOURS,PPM,ACTIVITY COSTS so that the management could made decisions regarding PRODUCTIONS.

Thanks & Regards,

Devendra

Answers (67)

Answers (67)

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i am doing confirmation i dint get activity values in confirmation screen co11n how can resolve the problem can any body help me regarding thing

0 Kudos

SAP-PP is a core offering with a very robust past and a very bright future - It will never be phased out - it may change and along with it we will need to change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP PP has a very good future and is neber going to die in my opinion as it is very well integrated with other modules such as SD,MM,FICO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It all depends upon the way in which you explore the things. As compared to MM ,SD , PP has limited job opportunities but

in every manufacturing Industry PP is a basic Module along with QM can also be taken care. Hence it is always batter to learn QM also along with PP . Exposure to APO can prove to be an additional advantage

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone..!!

I am working in the manufacturing industry since last 1 year in planning department. I was also involved in SAP rollout in my company since last 6-8 months.

I think I am very much interested in SAP consultancy & I think PP is the best module for me to learn a lot as I am aware of basic things.

Could you please suggest me the best institute in Pune & also the best time to start the certification course?.

Waiting for the expert opinion.

Regards,

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one give info regarding SAP PP module.

I am just planning to switch to SAP industry.

So please guide me.

I have 2.3 yrs of exp in Prod & planning.

Have some queries

1.which are the good institute for SAP PP module in Mumbai Genovate or Siemens,fees & duration?

2.What are the opportunity in SAP PP & career growth?

3.What is avg pay i can get after training?

4.Within how many days one can get job after completion/

Please guide me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have been working from past 6 yrs in manufacturing industry where we use ERP system. I donu2019t have any experience using SAP. But now Iu2019m planning to do SAP SCM course & certification. I have few questions for you

1. Is it a good idea for a person like me with munufacturing experince to do SAP SCM or Can you suggest me a course which is suitable for me?

2. Will there be any job opportunities in India ( I currently work in UK, but coming back to India for good very soon) for people like me who donu2019t have experince in SAP but have domain knowledge? Will they count my Domain expereince ?

3. Is it compulsary to do certification or is it sufficient to do course?

4. Training in some intitutes like Siemens is very expensive, Is it worth spending so much of money & to do the course & certification in such institutes?

Cant we clear the certification by doing the course in normal institute where they charge normal fee?

To do the certification is it compulsary to do the training in Siemens or such institute?

5. Also could you please tell me about the future opportunities of SAP SCM?

Please do guide me.

Thanks for your help in advance...

Edited by: Sunshine123 on Apr 19, 2011 3:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

In majority PP plays a vital role and it is the heart of any Manufacturing industry.

It should have bright future.

Only thing we have to upgrade the skills ie sticking with one module we have to think that too after more years experience, u can add QM with PP which is the best option.Ok.

SAP awareness also increased compared to 5years back is the reason for the above statement.

U should have min 5+ industry experience in production line before entering into PP module as the process varies almost every where and dealing with the client that too production people not so easy compared with other modules persons,it depends.

In SAP - FI/CO,PP,MM modules will always have better future compared to other modules.

IT industry itself is a time phased, it is upto u to decide of entering into SAP with required module.

This is the best way of taking the decision,ok.

Thanniru Srinivas,

Sr.Consultant,

(PP,PP-PI,QM)

Dhaka,Bangladesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Thanniru Srinivas:

my domain experience suits for both SAP PP & SAP MM.

Could you plese suggest which one has more job opportunities in the market now & in future.

I dont have SAP experience, but have 6 yrs domain exp. WIll there be more chances of getting a job if I do certification?

Please suggest me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

Need your valuable input. How good are the prospects for someone who is an electrical engineer by education, works in sap environment as a production planner as an end user of pp module (2.5 yrs experience).

Thanking you in anticipation..

0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

SAP PP still good tool in ERP. dont worry about the future...in addition to that if you get a exposure in

sap supply chain module like MM/WM/IM/QM/PS would be added advanatage.

and also PP is the base module for APO. with PP experience you can switch to APO also...

Regards

DPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Production is one of the core area in every country, untill and unless if there is complete stop of manufacturing as a whole, till then Production keeps on living, and any new manufactuing unit is commissioned( production Unit) - if they go for SAP- then PP is a must. At the same time try to diversify your knowledge on other near related areas in SAP- like MM/QM/PM/APO/PS- also,

thanks

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have been working in SAP for close to 4.5 years in ABAP.

Have developed objects related to SD, MM, FI and recently extensively working on PP-PI and QM area and a bit knowledge on EHS.

For past 2 years been deveolping objects mainly in PP-PI and QM areas and have had good experience and exposure to the same. In doing so been through the whole implementation process.

And now since our project had a successful go-live, I am getting a chance to move into the PP-PI and QM functional area.

My main responsibility in the support role - > would be to handle all Incidents related to PP-PI and QM.

Please suggest me on my career aspects -

1. Whether to grab the opportunbity and move into functional area of PP-PI along with QM .

2. I am also simultaneously doing my MBA in Operations - would this be helpful to me considering my move into PP&QM.

3. Or should I continue in the same ABAP area ?

4. To move into PP-PI or QM areas, is domain/industry experience mandatory, since I do not possess industry/domain experience will this hinder my growth ?

I really need your thoughts/comments/suggestions on this.

It would help me to clear my doubts or to have clear thoughts on my move.

Really appreciate you comments/suggestions.

Many Thanks,

Madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

As a PP consultant , I can tell you that PP is one of the more complex modules of the SAP , from industry to industry , the concept and the logic is changing , Up to now i always had the benefit of being PP consultant . But the question is only having PP knowledge is enough for a safe future or not , i believe in no , you should add more values , like PM , QM , interface knowledge , like third part software integration, a bit product costing , MM and SD , otherwise , only PP can not survive in the future alone .

Of course these are only my idea from my experience , maybe some of the people are not agree with these ideas , but i like always being in the safe side .

Oktay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I'm working as SAP PP Team lead since the company implemented the SAP (from implementation upto support until now) it is almost 3 years since there and i would like to continue my SAP carrier as SAP Consultant. Is there any one can till me which part of PP Module i need to study first to become SAP PP Consultant?

Thank you very much.

Ontoy Clarian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I will sugest that PP is having also the good market share in future also.

As in any industry, Planning (in all respect) plays an importent role, there no harm with the PP.

Only thing is that it should have the backup of MM / QM/pm at least as only PP is not having any value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been in SAP PP/QM since past 1.5 years.I have done various support projects for varied clients.

I am planning to apply in other companies now but I am clueless about the Good companies to apply in with my job profile.Can anyone please guide about the same.Please tell me the name of companies which are advisible to apply in.

vishal_arora3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shreya,

Your post dated Dec 16, 2009 says you have 1 year of experience and then other dated March 13 says you have 1.5 years of experience. It seems your experience is growing pretty fast !! Please let me know how to achieve this.

On a serious note, you can try to be in consulting and gain experience in other projects like rollouts and implementations. This will give you a lot of confidence and will improve your knowledge. You can then add competency like PM / PS also in due course of time.

The other option can be to be in the IT team of a company which has already implemented SAP. You will have a different role in this case. You will have to be the interface between the company and the SAP support partner. You will be leading changes in SAP like implementing new scenarios in SAP to get the best out of it. You will be responsible for smooth running of SAP which means that you can be the L1 support person. User trainings / feedback will also be important. This will give you core business experience and its processes and keep you in touch with SAP also.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vishal,

Thanks a lot for all your inputs.

As far as increasing exp so fast goes, this is pure talent my friend.It can not be tought or shared. Sorry!!!!

On a serious note,in both the posts I mentioned my approx exp.I hope it answers your doubt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to take the test for SAP PP Certification consultant,

Is there will be any SAP APO question in the certifcation test?

Regards,

Marufat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreya,

I attended certification test for PP couple of months ago, they asked few basic questions about APO which are easier.

They asked about CIF(Core Interface), difference between Demand Planning(APO) and Demand management(ERP) and integration between R/3 and APO.

Regards,

Balaji NG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

SAP PP with the combination of SAP QM and WM will be there forever as long as manufacturing of products is there.

regards,

Murali Maganti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Future of SAP PP is very good if you consider SAP PP_PI will give high returns as far as Monetary gain are concern

former_member667328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

The future is quite good,try to learn other module also with it.

Please remark the point,and close the thread.

If any other query regarding it,feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am in PP/QM module since past 1 year,in support projects.

I want know which SAP module is more in demand.Is it advicible to move to high demand module.If yes,which are those modules.

Also how is the money (market value) in SAP PP/QM.In which module is it good?

How should i go about it.

Pls guide.

Regards

former_member184752
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Well ,

As per your query all SAP modules are in good demand depending upon the industry where it is being used.

As per your case I would prefer you to make yourself familiar with as an cross functional consultant .

ie PP with QM, PP with PM, PP with PS , So you too would be in really demanded in the industry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

From PP Move to SCM - PPDS , so this will help further .

Regards

Mohan kumar D

Former Member
0 Kudos

do pp first. Later you can move to APO

jbm_m
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

SAP-PP HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE WHEN YOU ARE CERTIFIED PERSON AND HAVING 2-3 YEARS OF SAP RELAVANT EXPERIENCE,THEN YOU CAN CONCENTRATE ON OTHER MODULES LIKE MM/PM/PS/QM.

SCIENCE THE PRODUCTION IS THE BASE FOR ALL THE INDUSTRIES PP WILL LONG LASTER IN SAP BUSINESS.

SIMPLY YOU WANT TO IMPLEMENT THE CLIENT SCENARIO IN GOOD MANNER.

REGARDS,

SAP-PP 88

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

Dont please take the words from the above called experts..

I am also a certified guy who is still struggling to find out a good job..No need to go for certification at this point of time..

Especially ,dont try and cost your life in SIEMENS.

THey will never help u out in placement.

A good sollid domain experiance and sap exposure in your company will help you to learn the SAP process very well.

And after that only, you need to go for certification. At that time too you will have to search a job by yourself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Since PP forms the Base for any manufacturing firm, I stronly believe that PP will be everlasting. And more exploration will lead to the advancements in this field.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i think future in pp module is very safe . because if you have domain experience definitely you will get good job and long career.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anybody tell me whether there is online sap certification available for SAP-PP & how much does it cost.

Regards

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use water in the process and we have defined it as a Non stock pipeline material. We do planning in APO to create planned orders and CIF them to R/3. The issue we are having is for APO created planned orders special stock indicator is missing for water component in Order. When we Re-explode BOM in R/3 Special stock indicator "P" is showing for water component in planned order. After converting planned order to production order we are unable to post GI for water component due to missing special stock indicator. Material is not maintained with any MRP views.

Please advice

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

SAP PP is an evergreen Module. For every manufacturing comapny PP is needed for better Planning, But for future demand if we have knoledge of other logistics modules like MM/QM/SD , it will be an added advantage .

Thanks

Ankaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Being a core module PP is going to stay. I am not sure of your experience level though I would suggest to have some knowledge/integration with MM and QM modules also. This will help you in the long run.

Regards,

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whatever learned in R/3 PP is not wasted knowledge. Main functionality of PP is now packaged as Core Manufacturing in ECC 6.0 onwards. Some shop floor execution (MES functionality) is available in Enhacement Package 4 of ECC 6.0. The original MRP functions still exists in ECC 6.0, but sophisticated planning functions have been moved to mySAP SCM Business Suite, this includes Collaborative Demand and Supply Planning (Incorporates all of the old SOP and flexible planning), Manufacturing Network Planning and Execution (old capacity Planning plus few more functionality), Characteristic Based Planning (New Functionality), Service Parts Planning (old MRO plus some new added functionality). Production master is now moved to mySAP PLM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dear

Not to worry, Jabtak SAP rahega tabtak SAP PP rahega,

also try to learn MM QM its value aded for your skills

murthuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Dont expect any positive outcome of doing certification.Acc to me in PP Module u should have Domain Experience of Min 3 - 4 yrs.If u r not in the particular domain even want to know abt PP then go 4 certification to just know abt how the system works.But dont forget once u ve an idea abt PP cylce work @ ur home or office cont....

Defenitely u ll get an good oppurtunity

Regarsd,

Goms