cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deadline branch not getting executed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In my BPM i have an infinite loop and also the deadline branch with inerval as 1 minute (for testing purpose) but when i send the message my deadline branch does not get executed after 1 minute and it keeps on waiting.

in the bpm monitoring it shows wait step created.

i have verified my design with the standard pattern available, and it is almost similar.

i am not able to find out the reason behind this strange behavior.

Regards

Dheeraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dheeraj,

I am also encountering the same problem you are encountering(My Deadline branch never gets executed) . Could you please direct me, whats the OSS notes your Basis team applied. Or Whats the workflow configuration you are mentioning in your note?

Regards

Anshul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dheeraj,

I am also encountering the same problem you are encountering(My Deadline branch never gets executed) . Could you please direct me, whats the OSS notes your Basis team applied. Or Whats the workflow configuration you are mentioning in your note? I tried with SWU3 transaction but nothing seems to work.

Dheeraj Wrote :

there was nothing wrong, my basis team has missed out the workflow configuration during installation.

anyways its solved...

thanks for your help guys...

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dheeraj , if ur referring to the std pattern , chk if you have an exception branch(just the branch with nothin in there) defined. You can have a control step in deadline branch which will throw an exception(u can define this exception in the block that has your collection logic) and come out for furthur processing.

cheers

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana

i did exactly the same, i have my deadline branch, in it i have my control step which trows exception, which is catched by my exception branch and does nothing, so ideally it should continue the processing after that.

but the problem is the exception is never thrown.

my deadline has been configured as

Reference Date/Time: Creating the step

Duration: 1

Unit: Minutes

control step in deadline branch

Action: Throw Exception

Exception: Time_out

Exception branch

Exception Handler: Time_Out

and outside this block i have transformation and other steps... which shoul get excuted after 1 minute deadline.

Regards

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

there was nothing wrong, my basis team has missed out the workflow configuration during installation.

anyways its solved...

thanks for your help guys...

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inside your Deadline branch, did u mention any steps...? i mean to ask what do u exactly want to do when the deadline is incurred.

Say after 1 min, if u want to cancel the process, then insert a <b>Control Step</b> inside the deadline branch.

Cheers,

Siva Maranani.