Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bdc upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to upload the time data using BDC in IT 2011. Please let me know in step-by step for BDC recording. I do not as how to do BDC recording. please send me the screen shot as well.

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first go to tcode SHDB.

in first screen of SHDB in application tool bar we have new recording button

press that button.

when u press that button one pop up screen will be shown.

in that screen provide u r recording name like zrec,,, and provide tcode for which transaction u r recording(like va01,xk01) and press the button start recording.

Now it will moves to u r standard tcode(like va01,xk01) so enter the data in the screen and press save button.when u click the save button it wil moves to another screen in that screen also click save button and press transfer from recording button .While u press transfer from recording button one pop screen wil be shown

in that pop up screen give name short description.

So,it wil moves to se38 i.e Recording information transfferrd from SHDB to se38

ok save and activate se38.

this is the procedure for recording.

Regards

kish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As above said was the also procedure to do the BDC recording.Hope you understand the precedure in detail else have a look @ this.

1.Goto transaction shdb for recording.

2.There give the recording name starting with Z or Y letter.

3.Click "New Recording" button in the left extreme Application tool bar.

4.You will get a new pop up window Create Recording there give Recording Name"Z r Y" and give the transaction code that you going to record for e.g (PA30,XK01).

5.Leave the Mode as it is and click "Start Recording".

6.Here you will get the transaction code window for e.g if you are giving PA30 it will call the corresponding transaction.

7.Start recording by entering the values which you want to record.

8.After recording save the recording and give back.

9.There you find the list of process which is done.

10.Enter your recording name and press enter you will get the program name.

11.Select the program name and press "program" button in the application tool bar.It will ask abt the prgm name and give read from file.

12.You will get the coding in se38 for recording.

13.Edit your program for uploading the flat file from you legacy system to application server by using CALL FUNCTION "GUI_UPLOAD".

14.Get the flat file and fill it in internal table and pass the internal table values by giving "loop at internal table" after READ DATASET statement.

15.Select the call transaction for small no. of data for large no. of data we have to use session method.(Refer some links for difference between session and call transaction).

16.There by executing the program we will get the output which record are created.

Thanks,

Sakthi.C

*Rewards if usefull--*