cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transform Online Forms to Offline Forms and Email out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i wonder is there a function of code which allow me to transform a online form with data i retrieve from my database and convert to a offline form for me to email out...

example.

<b>

Leave Form Application</b>

1: the user log on to the system.

2: when i click on create leave. it will redirect the user to the create leave system view. inside this view, it will retrieve the user information. example, name, IC, staffno, address and also dept.

3: once the user click on submit the record is valid and check.

4: after that it will redirect the user to the main view where the newer leave record is created.

5: when the user click on email with the leave record id, it will retreive the record from the database and save it offline and then email out to the user supervisor for approval then send it back.

but currently i have a problem is that when how to retreive the records of the particular leave and then save the leave form from a online form to a offline and then send it out. anyway has any ideas whether is methods can work. or i have to send a blank email from?

anyway as for the email part i now using the TutWD_EmailInteractiveForm_Init code..

wonder is there anyone could give me advise on this methods can work?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello sirs,

I would not recommend converting online to offline form.

By the way, I can´t do this and have no clue how to do this. More straight and a clear way is to separate the tasks. Just get the confirmation from the user in online form and then re-generate the form as offline and put your data in the form the way you would put it in in offline form.

I guess I can separate this two forms (using one Adobe form template) in aprox. a day or two. This would be much faster than looking for some magic code.

The process would work like this:

1) get the data

2) present it to the user, get more data and confirmation

3) save data from user

-

-

end of online form, switch to offline -

-

4) get the data again (means use the variable you filled in using data from online f.)

5) re-generate the form (standard FP_JOB etc.)

6) send by email

Hope this helps, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jia,

Were you able to resolve this. I am in a similar situation where I need to pull up some vendor information online and then populate the other fields offline.

How did you resolve your issue? It would be helpful if you could share the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Puja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The "interactive" form status is define in the function module liked to the form. you set ti with parameter /1bcdwb/docparams.

Hope this help you.