cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the mapping values from one message mapping into another message mappin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I created two graphical message mappings. In first message mapping i created one user defined function and set one global container parameter and I need to use this parameter in my second message mapping user defined function. But the global container parameters can be used in different user defined functions in same message mapping. So is there any way to use the values which are set in one message mapping into another message mapping. If yes, please help me how to get?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi koteswara,

the container parameters cannot be used across msg mappings. so the variables u use in one mapping have the scope limited to that mapping only.

In the next release of xi however, sap is coming up with a provision of a repository which will enable this function.

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika.

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Koteswara rao,

As you said global container parameters from first message mapping are not accessible from second message mapping program.

i haven't faced situation like this.but, if you have some unmapped field in target message in first message mapping,you can put global variables data in that unmapped field.

anyway the output of first message mapping would be input for 2nd messages mapping,so you can access global data(unmapped field filled with global data in 1st MM) from 2nd mapping program..

Cheers,

Jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jag,

Thanks for your reply. So i can map the filed in 1st message mapping with out the user defined function. I can map just by using graphical mapping. Is there any way that field value can access in 2nd message mapping.

Thanks

Rao

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Koteswara Rao,

Apart from this solution,i guess no other way.

Message was edited by:

jag