cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned Settlement of Projects and Internal Orders in BI IP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone has developed an Integrated Planning Solution that includes the planned settlement of Project WBS elements and Internal Orders to the various reciever objects - Cost Centers, AUC's and Assets.

We have fairly complex allocation structures for the various settlement profiles in R/3 and we are reluctant to re build these in BI IP in the form of FOX functions.

We are not retracting our data back to R/3 as we will be performing all Plan V Actual reportng in BI and do not want the planning process to straddle both BI and R/3. We do not intend to run Plan Settlement in R/3. The Planning Process is going to managed and reported entirely in BI.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations based on past experience..

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For only to handle such complex allocations, SAP has provided retractors.

Retract the data back to R/3 and execute allocation in R/3.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ian,

We are using IP solution for project wbs elements and internal orders to various receiver object.

The approach we followed is the following -

1) We did use ECC for the sender receiver assignments.

Our rationale for using the same are below -

a) Plan settlements are easier to maintain in ECC as the cycles have the % basis for different kinds of costs .

b) We used standard retraction for PS and IO. Once the plan settlement happens we extract the data back from ECC to the plan cubes and report at the final receivers with the secondary cost elements and partner objects.The actuals hit the final receivers too.

c) Our budget maintenance happens in IP and we do the retraction which is standard and our ECC system utilizes plan vs actual reporting as the users need the budget data for period end closing as well.

My recommendation is to utilize the planning cycles in ECC rather than creating the same in BI. The reason is the cycles would be similar to actual just that the version is a zero version.But we could argue that is the complex spread of actuals necessary for budget , I would say NO but in such cases we created simple asessment cycles that spread 100% of budget dollars to the same final receivers where the actuals hit.

I can speak more to this.Please let me know if this was helpful.

Tx,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Madhu,

That was a helpful answere and I have awarded you points.

With the existing functionality I agree that it does not make sense to replicate the ECC settlement process in IP. It would be great if this was made easier with standard functionality in BI IP.

It would be good to discuss with you in more detail.

Regards

Ian